Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / hieme's music / [] Yttrium Ambient []

[] Yttrium Ambient []

By hieme on August 16, 2020 8:44 am

Hey! I really wanted another dnb tune this week, but I've been far too busy. I've moved away from home for a master's degree, and it's been hard getting settled here in Denmark. Sadly, I'm now separated from my digital piano and hefty music PC, and I'm using a very low spec laptop for music now. I'm not sure exactly how my music will change, but I'll be using much more audio and resampling rather than midi overall, and I won't be able to write any more of the piano-based tunes like I did earlier this year. I hope the quality of my uploads won't go down (even lower), but in all likelihood they will lmao. Apologies in advance! Love you all, keep up the great work heart

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
August 17, 2020 1:15 am

Sometimes a change in circumstances can also spark a surge in creativity.  Hope that ends up being the case for you.  In the meantime this was certainly a pleasant ambient excursion.

August 17, 2020 1:24 am

Being away from your comfort zone is a good chance to explore new options and ideas. Easier said than done, I know, but sometimes worth keeping in mind. I really enjoyed this though. It reminded me some of the sections characters speak monologues over in the Samurai X OVAs (Super obscure reference, but I watched them recently...). All the best for the rest of the year, though; I'm sure even if the quality goes down from your usual standard the tracks will still be interesting and fun to listen to.

August 17, 2020 6:43 am

Hopefully this will open whole new avenues for you! You can also try out all the cool apps on smartphones to make music. Some are really surprisingly good.

August 17, 2020 1:19 pm

This was a beaut to listen to. I'm excited to see the music you put out with these circumstances.

August 17, 2020 3:48 pm

This is extra calming and ethereal. I would like to listen for hours to your sound. Exellent.

August 17, 2020 5:51 pm

Looking forward to hear the different style you take later down the line!

August 17, 2020 8:08 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Sometimes a change in circumstances can also spark a surge in creativity.  Hope that ends up being the case for you. In the meantime this was certainly a pleasant ambient excursion.

Thanks, yeah we'll see if I get used to it by next week!

hent03 wrote:

Being away from your comfort zone is a good chance to explore new options and ideas. Easier said than done, I know, but sometimes worth keeping in mind. I really enjoyed this though. It reminded me some of the sections characters speak monologues over in the Samurai X OVAs (Super obscure reference, but I watched them recently...). All the best for the rest of the year, though; I'm sure even if the quality goes down from your usual standard the tracks will still be interesting and fun to listen to.

Thank you, I plan to finish out the full 52 weeks of course, so I'll have to think of something. I'll do my best to make them as good as I can!

Kedbreak136 wrote:

Hopefully this will open whole new avenues for you! You can also try out all the cool apps on smartphones to make music. Some are really surprisingly good.

Thanks for the video! I'm also curious to see how things go with it.

Jokinen wrote:

This was a beaut to listen to. I'm excited to see the music you put out with these circumstances.

Me too! Thanks for listening heart

Q-Rosh wrote:

This is extra calming and ethereal. I would like to listen for hours to your sound. Exellent.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Maybe at the end of the year I'll do something longer and more involved with all of these ambient tracks, maybe a free album or something.

danju wrote:

Looking forward to hear the different style you take later down the line!

Thanks! Hopefully it all goes well, we'll see. Cheers for listening heart

August 18, 2020 3:19 am

August 18, 2020 4:03 am

Wow, Denmark! I’m super excited to hear more music from you, no matter whether it’s a crappy laptop or your regular setup. Nice work on the ambient piece!!!

August 18, 2020 3:45 pm

i find myself listening to a few people here, you always make me stop and listen.

August 22, 2020 2:42 pm

Best of luck with the master's degree, and with settling into a new environment! Looking forward to seeing the way your music grows from the experience. You've come out with some awesome stuff this year already. smile

August 29, 2020 5:33 am

No decrease in quality here, this is top notch, pleasure for the ears, just wish it went on longer

August 31, 2020 12:37 am

Sucks that you couldn't bring your gear, but I'm sure you'll be able to adapt.  With your production skills, I don't doubt that you'll be able to put out some really cool tunes.  Congrats on starting your masters program man, sounds exciting!     

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up