Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

52beats09

By hent03 on February 28, 2020 4:07 am

Another op-z beat that just kind of happened. I like the playfulness of this one, and I'm happy with the progression. I would have liked to have added a few more melody lines to give the track a little more texture, but I also kind of like the minimal approach the op-z forces on you.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
March 2, 2020 12:53 am

Nice texture work with the two melodies and the delay effect. Very relaxing.

March 2, 2020 1:48 pm

Your tracks are so relaxing, exactly what I need on a Monday morning. Thanks smile

March 2, 2020 6:08 pm

This is making me extremely nostalgic for Maple Story. It's been years and years but I used to play it pretty religiously and it had memorable playful and cute tracks just like this. Sorry if it sounds weird but all I mean to say is that this is a wonderful track! heart

March 3, 2020 9:18 am
Kedbreak136 wrote:

Nice texture work with the two melodies and the delay effect. Very relaxing.


Thanks!


Sodabelly wrote:

Your tracks are so relaxing, exactly what I need on a Monday morning. Thanks smile


I like that a lot about playing with the op-z; it kind of invites you to express a mood in a short beat. Recently that mood has been relaxed. wink



Gab Manette wrote:

This is making me extremely nostalgic for Maple Story. It's been years and years but I used to play it pretty religiously and it had memorable playful and cute tracks just like this. Sorry if it sounds weird but all I mean to say is that this is a wonderful track! <3


Doesn't sound weird to me! Recently I've been thinking about my op-z experiments as indie videogame music for a game that doesn't exist; it lacks professional polish but I like to think it still tells a kind of musical story. (I haven't heard anyone mention Maple Story in yeeeeeeaaaaaars haha)

March 3, 2020 10:49 am

Another lovely tune. Thanks for answering my questions about the OP-1/Z I am so impressed with the sounds that come out of these little boxes i'm seriously considering getting one because of your music.

March 4, 2020 3:30 am

It is a light and happy feeling in this and does sound it can be music in a game! In the end I wish the song would continue!

March 5, 2020 9:53 pm

Such a nice, friendly tune.

March 5, 2020 11:28 pm
Ryan wrote:

Another lovely tune. Thanks for answering my questions about the OP-1/Z I am so impressed with the sounds that come out of these little boxes i'm seriously considering getting one because of your music.


Glad to answer your questions, Ryan! I really like what they've done for me in terms of inviting me to play with sound. The design invites you to just do things and see what happens, and for that I think they've been good purchases for me. I just wish I'd been more earnest about learning them earlier haha

Alette wrote:

It is a light and happy feeling in this and does sound it can be music in a game! In the end I wish the song would continue!

Devieus wrote:

Such a nice, friendly tune.


Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it!

March 9, 2020 2:23 am

Lovely delay tones on the melody and yes, nice uplifting progressions.  smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up