Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Untitled I

By Guabágeuse on April 29, 2018 1:45 pm

First movement of a piece I composed a few years ago for string orchestra, and the first I ever got to hear rehearsed by an actual ensemble of musicians. Sadly, it was never presented due to time constraints. This is a more mellow version with harp soundfonts and some electronic effects.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
April 30, 2018 6:35 am

Nice piece! Makes me very curious to how it sounded in an ensemble big_smile

May 2, 2018 12:09 pm

I kinda wonder too, because the soundfont isn't doing it any favors.

May 5, 2018 9:24 pm
Claxon wrote:

Nice piece! Makes me very curious to how it sounded in an ensemble big_smile


I really do miss having an ensemble an ensemble available.

May 5, 2018 9:25 pm
Devieus wrote:

I kinda wonder too, because the soundfont isn't doing it any favors.


Definitely. Me half-assing the production didn't help either.

May 5, 2018 10:49 pm
Guabágeuse wrote:
Devieus wrote:

I kinda wonder too, because the soundfont isn't doing it any favors.


Definitely. Me half-assing the production didn't help either.

Depending on your DAW, switching out soundfonts is very easy, so maybe half-assing isn't quite the right word.

May 6, 2018 1:56 pm
Devieus wrote:
Guabágeuse wrote:
Devieus wrote:

I kinda wonder too, because the soundfont isn't doing it any favors.


Definitely. Me half-assing the production didn't help either.

Depending on your DAW, switching out soundfonts is very easy, so maybe half-assing isn't quite the right word.


Funny thing is that I've managed to make that particular harp SoundFont sound decent in certain contexts, but I think you're right. This may be a case of a simple SoundFont change.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up