Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Macrotu

By gesceap on May 24, 2020 8:45 pm

Another micro tonal experiment with Nanoloop iOS, also some alternating pattern lengths.
Using long decay and step level pitch changes to give a circular type of tonal progression

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
May 25, 2020 4:28 pm

This is quite nice. Love the atonality in the chord progression. Makes it interesting ... Feels like this could work in some futuristic movie's nightclub-scene

May 25, 2020 5:55 pm
dj someguy wrote:

This is quite nice. Love the atonality in the chord progression. Makes it interesting ... Feels like this could work in some futuristic movie's nightclub-scene

I should have given this more time, but the idea is there. Other thoughts?

May 26, 2020 2:51 am

Fuck this is nice.. queasy spectral washes. how are you doing the tuning?

May 26, 2020 4:05 am
lysdexic wrote:

Fuck this is nice.. queasy spectral washes. how are you doing the tuning?


Step pitch modifications

May 26, 2020 10:09 am

Does NL have cents? i thought it was semitones only - gotta bust out NL again

May 26, 2020 6:00 pm
lysdexic wrote:

Does NL have cents? i thought it was semitones only - gotta bust out NL again

I wish it did, tried to explain on twitter in PM

set pattern envelope to pitch
then set to either up or down envelope / \
set decay to max
now you can use step level parameter changes on envelope for "cent" changes

May 27, 2020 4:58 am

ohhhhh nice hack! gotta try that! (and check twitter dms more regularly)

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up