Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Plastique

By Gab Manette on October 21, 2018 3:42 am

I got kinda stuck trying to flesh this out so I cut it a bit short, I might revisit it later.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
October 22, 2018 12:36 am

Cranking this through the studio monitors. Super punchy! Love those modulated chords towards the end. Much to short. Hope you revisit.

October 22, 2018 2:02 pm

Tight sounding jingle if nothing else.

October 22, 2018 9:26 pm

Perfect track for waiting at the SQDC!

October 22, 2018 10:37 pm

That bass is so heavy, it's almost static. Great lead line!

October 23, 2018 7:19 pm

Another Italo-disco track.
Love this stuff so much! This makes me incredibly happy

October 23, 2018 9:00 pm

Fun upbeat vibe. I definitely wouldn't have minded a little more of it.

October 24, 2018 2:32 pm
NWSPR wrote:

Cranking this through the studio monitors. Super punchy! Love those modulated chords towards the end. Much to short. Hope you revisit.

I hope so too, I have 16-odd measures of melody and a 2nd "part" that I had to bin because I couldn't make everything fit together; I got too carried away playing with the Repro-5 (a Prophet 5 re-creation) to focus on finishing my song proper. These chords are from that, I love the brasses you can get out of it!

Devieus wrote:

Tight sounding jingle if nothing else.

I feel the same smile best case I can expand it, worst case it remains a short little theme thingy!

Pocaille wrote:

Perfect track for waiting at the SQDC!

Hahahahaha, yaaaas XD

Jim Wood wrote:

That bass is so heavy, it's almost static. Great lead line!

Thank you! I got that bass patch from the repro-1 VST, as soon as I heard it I knew I needed to do something with it lol

dj someguy wrote:

Another Italo-disco track.
Love this stuff so much! This makes me incredibly happy

heart Thank you, if it makes you happy it makes me very happy in turn smile

CosmicCairns wrote:

Fun upbeat vibe. I definitely wouldn't have minded a little more of it.

Same here, maybe in the future big_smile Thanks for listening!

October 26, 2018 4:20 pm

It doesn't sound stuck to me, just a cool sounding theme that could be developed into a future epic suite smile  Repro-5 sounds great too!

October 27, 2018 9:47 pm

Got my head bobbing, I could get up and dance to this. Just looked up SQDC! Love how things are progressing in those regards!

October 30, 2018 6:36 pm

Quite liked it! I wanted more when it ended

October 31, 2018 11:47 am

fun!

October 31, 2018 6:21 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

It doesn't sound stuck to me, just a cool sounding theme that could be developed into a future epic suite smile  Repro-5 sounds great too!

Cheers! I wrapped it up early so it feels "finished" but yeah I'd like to add more, I had a few hooks on the burner but didn't figure out how to include em smile

miraclemiles wrote:

Got my head bobbing, I could get up and dance to this. Just looked up SQDC! Love how things are progressing in those regards!

Hehehehe, yeah, I saw the lineups early one where in the 1~2 hours range, that track would have to be looped quite a bit to handle the waiting times XD

mikememo wrote:

Quite liked it! I wanted more when it ended

Thank you, I'll bring more next time I promise smile

kaedo sevaada wrote:

fun!

That bag looks quite happy big_smile

November 4, 2018 5:55 pm

Another winner, this... evokes so many cool memories smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up