Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Gab Manette's music / Hey Pardner, Don't Fall Off The Train!

Hey Pardner, Don't Fall Off The Train!

By Gab Manette on February 9, 2020 2:31 pm

I was running on fumes for a good couple days, decided to take it easy with this WB submission. Hope you all had a good week!

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
February 10, 2020 12:09 am

Great melody heart Me too, seems this week was a bit of a heavy one for a bunch of us. As long as the trend line keeps rising, all is well!

February 10, 2020 12:27 am
hieme wrote:

Great melody <3 Me too, seems this week was a bit of a heavy one for a bunch of us. As long as the trend line keeps rising, all is well!

heart Cheers! The days are slowly getting longer again, I feel if I get a bit more sun I might be alright!

February 10, 2020 2:19 am

Fun stuff.  It definitely gives off a happy train vibe.  I could imagine it sound tracking a kid's show like Thomas the Train or something.

February 10, 2020 3:29 pm

Whacky take on chiptune. Great sounds and melodies.  I like the contrast in the chiptune sounds with a classic rock and roll structure. Lot's of fun, and surprising!

February 10, 2020 4:42 pm

Très fun! Game over... wink

February 11, 2020 4:58 am

My wife and I put this on and danced to it in our living room. Nice one!

February 11, 2020 7:20 pm


I'm on board!

February 11, 2020 8:38 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Fun stuff.  It definitely gives off a happy train vibe.  I could imagine it sound tracking a kid's show like Thomas the Train or something.

NWSPR wrote:

Whacky take on chiptune. Great sounds and melodies.  I like the contrast in the chiptune sounds with a classic rock and roll structure. Lot's of fun, and surprising!

I really wasn't sure with this one but I had fun, so if you guys picked up fun vibes that's good! heart Thanks for listening!

djippy wrote:

Très fun! Game over... wink

Continue? big_smile

Mission Crossing wrote:

My wife and I put this on and danced to it in our living room. Nice one!

Oh that's lovely! heart Wasn't expecting anyone to dance on that, should have made it a bit longer! smile

Ipaghost wrote:


I'm on board!

Welcome aboard! Hang on tight!

February 11, 2020 9:40 pm

This track made me smile. I  like how the sounds can be representations of a train moving and, at the end, coming to a stop. That's really cool.

February 12, 2020 3:23 am

I need to learn to make vibrato like that!!! So good!

February 12, 2020 5:05 am

hey yo deep down south where we play this game, its them quad city DJs and yo we call it the train!

February 12, 2020 8:52 am

Haha smile Ver nice... and really quite a surprise. The fun comes accross very well smile

February 12, 2020 1:04 pm

I lost it when I heard the toot toot

February 12, 2020 8:10 pm
Ryan wrote:

I lost it when I heard the toot toot


That was the show stealer for sure haha

February 13, 2020 6:54 pm

I'm a sucker for NES triangle bass so this is right up my alley.

February 13, 2020 8:17 pm

this is taking it easy? this is a super strong and fun track! heck yeah

February 14, 2020 9:05 am

I guess easy means chiptune for you. Good advice though. Good song too.

February 14, 2020 3:11 pm
Anon_Buster wrote:

This track made me smile. I  like how the sounds can be representations of a train moving and, at the end, coming to a stop. That's really cool.

Thank you! I had fun figuring the train sounds out, super happy that it comes through as I envisioned it! big_smile

ngineer wrote:

I need to learn to make vibrato like that!!! So good!

Thank you! There's a very straightforward pitch modulation option to achieve sweet vibrato in Plogue's chipsounds. I'm thinking it can probably be setup in another synth using a LFO, here's a snapshot of my settings if it helps!

Chrisfoo wrote:

hey yo deep down south where we play this game, its them quad city DJs and yo we call it the train!

Hahahaha that's perfect! heart

Ashen Simian wrote:

Haha smile Ver nice... and really quite a surprise. The fun comes accross very well smile

Thank you! big_smile

Ryan wrote:

I lost it when I heard the toot toot

onlyjokinen wrote:

That was the show stealer for sure haha

I was trying to find a good whistle, heard that one and couldn't resist putting it in!

Kris Keyser wrote:

I'm a sucker for NES triangle bass so this is right up my alley.

Cheers! Yeah I cannot resist the triangle bass either, such a warm sound!

mikememo wrote:

this is taking it easy? this is a super strong and fun track! heck yeah

Devieus wrote:

I guess easy means chiptune for you. Good advice though. Good song too.

Thanks guys! heart What I meant by 'taking it easy' is that I cut this one pretty short compared to what I had in mind initially, I wish I had more energy to take it a couple steps further, but I was exhausted. I didn't mean it like 'this was easy', hope that clears it up a bit smile

February 14, 2020 4:30 pm

You're an angel! I didnt think of getting a vibrato plugin and automation in FL sucks for this haha

February 15, 2020 11:06 am

This is very fun. Made me happy. WOO!

February 15, 2020 7:08 pm

you got this!

February 16, 2020 8:25 pm

What a fun track! The train horn got me so good big_smile lovely happy feeling.

February 17, 2020 12:12 am

This belongs in an indie game about trains, obvi, and gosh it seems everyone in the comments here agrees.

February 18, 2020 2:48 am

This image really fits this song!!! good pulse melody tune!

Ipaghost wrote:


I'm on board!


February 18, 2020 6:58 pm
ngineer wrote:

You're an angel! I didnt think of getting a vibrato plugin and automation in FL sucks for this haha

Ooh, you're most welcome! I don't know if chipsounds can work as a vibrato plugin but I think you can extrapolate from those settings and you might have a similar LFO modulating option in your synth of preference? I'm sorry if that's nebulous, I'm still learning about synthesis!

Podling wrote:

This is very fun. Made me happy. WOO!

kaedo sevaada wrote:

you got this!

Shorebound wrote:

What a fun track! The train horn got me so good big_smile lovely happy feeling.

scottux wrote:

This belongs in an indie game about trains, obvi, and gosh it seems everyone in the comments here agrees.

tobokegao wrote:

This image really fits this song!!! good pulse melody tune!

Ipaghost wrote:


I'm on board!

Thank you all for the lovely comments! heart

February 18, 2020 7:37 pm

That's my kind of train, cheerio.

February 21, 2020 3:03 pm

This is a fun one for sure.  Loving the melody and overall 8bit feel of everything.  Especially enjoyed the level finished bloop at the end.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up