Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Furthergrove

By Gab Manette on February 2, 2018 5:02 am

through bogs and marshes
further into the dark grove
a treasure slumbers

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
February 5, 2018 12:31 am

Would make an excellent backing track to a game. I feel like I am venturing forward.

February 5, 2018 2:17 am

In a village with this song, I'm 100% sure there's a secret passage in one of these houses

February 5, 2018 2:35 am
Procyon Lotor wrote:

In a village with this song, I'm 100% sure there's a secret passage in one of these houses

100% yes! And you can bet that in this game, there would be secret passageways behind the waterfalls, none of that solid rock wall disappointment bullshit.

February 5, 2018 9:14 pm

Secret upgrade found!

February 8, 2018 8:12 am
NWSPR wrote:

Would make an excellent backing track to a game. I feel like I am venturing forward.


It is, sort of. It reminds me of Corridors of Time from Chrono Trigger. Not quite 1:1, but the slides and chord progressions are close.

February 8, 2018 12:57 pm
Devieus wrote:
NWSPR wrote:

Would make an excellent backing track to a game. I feel like I am venturing forward.


It is, sort of. It reminds me of Corridors of Time from Chrono Trigger. Not quite 1:1, but the slides and chord progressions are close.

Corridors of Time and Castle Freesia from Crusader of Centy did pop-up in my head as I was making this; I did my best not to end up doing the exact same thing as those tracks once I realized. Funny thing too, I found that you can play Saria's Song from Zelda (at least the first few bars) over the same chords, it's basically just two chords going back and forth. I'm guessing there are probably more RPG tracks with that same kind of motif.

February 25, 2018 6:19 am

Beautiful. Man, this is a new favorite.

April 4, 2018 4:11 am

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up