Brussels, Belgium

Electronic music

Melbourne, Australia

Rock/indie music.  However WB2k16 will have me concentrating on more electronic and experimentation.

is there a genra that is classified as "garbage"?????? lol

phesago wrote:

is there a genra that is classified as "garbage"?????? lol

HAHAHA same.

San Antonio Texas

I tend to start out at the piano - and then transfer a chord progression and melody I've been banging out into a song. These things usually become electronic (Sega / Nintendo chiptune), 80's new wave and dance, and various other things with guitars. This year I'd like to sing more. I've got exactly one song up on my soundcloud with me singing - but it's vocoder. Great question!

MJP

It's really awesome to see that the genre spread is getting really wide here! Makes listening to the stream much more exciting (as much as I love good chiptune and EDM!)

Most of my live acts have hovered around words like "folk" and "chiptune" and "doom metal" and "jazz" and "new music", but I try not to pin myself down. I think that's reasonably well represented in both my published works and my Weekly Beats offerings.

Adelaide

Weird techno

L003, C0rnw4//.

!!the best!!

Karlsruhe/Germany

Kraut oriented electronic music. We call it Krautelektro in case the musical focus is set on electronics and Elektrokraut if we place the emphasis on Kraut.

AU

All over the shot!  Chip / techno / rave / jazz / fusion / metal / 80s rock / synthwave / dub.

Whatever comes out in the moment :-P

Completed WB2012 and it nearly destroyed me (and defs helped destroy a relationship) but it was a great musical year.  WB2014 started to divebomb mid way and I let it go so it didn't effect my work life.  This year I'm already hating my tunes / pulling last minute all-nighter and ready to quit!  Maybe other peoples tunes can inspire me...

Last edited by cTrix (January 10, 2016 5:45 pm)

Madison, Alabama

Lo-fi electronic pop I guess?

Finland

Weekly Beats is for me genre free. Everything is made with computer so it's mostly some kind of electronic music.
First track i'm (still) working on for WB is called: The Drink I Would Not Drink To Get Drunk. (Lemmy influenced post-futuristic-R'n'B)

Last edited by BOULDER D4SH (January 10, 2016 8:08 pm)

Michigan

These days it seems someone could fart and feel the need to classify it as a new genre with 5 layers of sub-genres. Which makes sense given the variety of tones one can achieve, not to mention articulation. But I digress.

To answer the question, I make Electronic music. Can be glitchy, thematic, pop, rock, hip hop, breaks, big breaks, bigger breaks, old school, new school, graduate school, house, experimental, happy, sad, happy-sad... whatever works in whatever combination really. When it happens to work, that is.

Anyways, I look forward to this smile

Madrid, Spain
mum_and_dad wrote:

These days it seems someone could fart and feel the need to classify it as a new genre with 5 layers of sub-genres. Which makes sense given the variety of tones one can achieve, not to mention articulation. But I digress.

I guess we all are trying to give some orientation about what to expect, given that what I've heard in this community is miles ahead (both in quality and "openmindedness") from a lot of more hyped commercial stuff (commercial as in "sold for profit", not as in "you sell millions and I'm obscure so I'm better that thou").

Anyway, I could not agree more with you about how pointless those endless discussions are (you know, "that vaporwave post-bass EDM ukelele influenced seapunk goth polka scene is not what it used to be" attitude)

Last edited by laguna (January 10, 2016 9:00 pm)

Pittsburgh, PA
laguna wrote:

Anyway, I could not agree more with you about how pointless those endless discussions are (you know, "that vaporwave post-bass EDM ukelele influenced seapunk goth polka scene is not what it used to be" attitude)

That scene is so 30 seconds ago!

Melbourne, Victoria

It varies. I've been involved in experimental, classical, jazz, electronic, electroacoustic, acousmatic, various pop styles and other things that I can't remember right now. I've started off with a more experimental track this week. I might do something completely different for next week, who knows? This could be an opportunity to get some of things out of my system that have been bugging me but I haven't found a place for.