sacramento

i keep everything simple because i hate installing and managing vst's and licenses, here are my basic chains for when i do french touch or ed banger style house

for bass i use kontakt 5 rickenbacker bass with a redux downsampled to 16 bit, ableton EQ8, probably a few auto filters, then i'll squash with a -20 threshold, 10.0 ratio with the default compressor, then sidechain to kick and maybe even send a few db of the signal to the drum compression bus.

drum rack is usually a 909 kick downsampled to 12 bit with redux, a touch of dirt with ableton saturator, eq8 with a few cuts, ableton compressor at -8 db, 8 ratio, slow attack moderate release. 707 snare going through eq8 with some low cut out, compressor shaping the decay, another compressor with -10 db sidechain to kick. 909 open hat with eq8, and small sidechain to kick. this is sent to a return with psp vintage warmer 2.

for loops it depends, always an eq8 cutting out some lows below 250hz, sometimes i like to use a waves c4 to compress the lower band, and then always sidechain to kick using 10 ratio, -20 to -40 db threshold, 0.30 attack 0.40 release, 0 knee. sometimes i get ballsy and parallel compress this track, or i just squash it, all depends on the sound i want

im pretty lousy at mastering, usually always start with a fab filter pro q, a few compressors kissing the transients, one or two limiters(most likely waves L3 but lately invisible limiter for less color and more loud), and then a touch of saturation, sometimes a tiny amount of manny m verb.

basically i always use EQ8 and almost always compressor for sidechaining, be it for effect or controlling dynamics. so basically i really like ableton default stuff and psp vintage warmer

Melbourne, Australia

For vocals waves adt

Coastal Australia

This.