Adelaide, Australia
midimachine wrote:

covers kinda half-defeat the purpose of weeklybeats but YEAH i guess that works!

Actually, this is a good point. I was just idea dumping in text format. Although a good cover would involve creative reworking, not just a note for note translation. Instead of 'cover' maybe read 'reimagining'? I don't even know.

Switzerland

A remake maybe?

NSW

Last edited by popsicle (April 25, 2012 6:19 am)

Upstate New York

thursdaybloom sounds good! can't decide between love ballad or style-song.....

Portland, OR

Theme:40 BPM

Cincinnati, Ohio

i like 40 bpm because thats the lowest my gameboy will let me play without ripping its guts out

Phoenix, AZ

Since I would have no idea where to begin with Thursdaybloom, I think uploading my track on Thursday should suffice.

Riverside, CA
spry wrote:

i like 40 bpm because thats the lowest my gameboy will let me play without ripping its guts out

I don't have my DMG on me right now, but can't you get it lower with grooves?

Cincinnati, Ohio
jiffypop23 wrote:
spry wrote:

I don't have my DMG on me right now, but can't you get it lower with grooves?

probably.. not sure how though.. grooves scare me D:

Upstate New York

ohhh could we do 40bpm next week? i like that idea too.

Adelaide, Australia
Parallelis wrote:

ohhh could we do 40bpm next week? i like that idea too.

Down with this. We have to remember to vote for it when the Week 18 Theme thread is made

New Orleans, LA
Thursdaybloom wrote:

Hi, my name is Thursdaybloom and I'll be your theme for this week. So thinking of how I could possibly be a theme I propose the follow ideas to help:

Write the musical version of me. Put what you think of/feel about me in music form (possibly only for those who know me)
Write my theme/soundtrack. If I was in a movie, what would my motif be?
Write a song in my style. Listen through my catalogue and be 'inspired' to write 'music' in my 'style'
Do a cover of one of my CC entries. Cover, not remix, as I'll be unable to provide stems. I will, however, try and be as accommodating as possible
Write a song for me. Smash out that amazing love ballad you've always wanted to.

I'll be writing an autobiography this week to participate in this theme.

Thursdaybloom was this week's winner with 8 votes.  The most of any theme so far.  Above are his conditions for your surrender.

Adelaide, Australia

Conditions sounds harsh. Mere... suggestions. People can always message me too if they have questions. Enjoy

Melbourne, Australia

I vote for Thursdaybloom... it may come out as something completely unrelated, though.

Brooklyn

Posted my Thursdaybloom themed track... my first theme themed submission.  Hopefully it is not disqualified for all the obscenity and backwards masked messages.

L003, C0rnw4//.

mine sucked so i just uploading some milky song i had been working on this week