protman wrote:

what are our feelings about parody?

Parody falls under the same rules as everything else. If it is CC friendly please go ahead. If it isnt CC friendly or contains samples of a work which isn't CC friendly we won't accept it.

Just another quick reminder, the mod team have delete another 6 or 7 songs from this weeks batch of uploads due the them using non CC compatible samples or being covers.

/me Sadface....

Lazerbeat wrote:

Just another quick reminder, the mod team have delete another 6 or 7 songs from this weeks batch of uploads due the them using non CC compatible samples or being covers.

/me Sadface....

Is it possible to re-upload minus the illegal sample?

...

Last edited by popsicle (February 6, 2012 8:21 am)

The short answer is no. We have been turning down request for people to re upload songs minus whatever content the song was deleted for for a while now and I am afraid re uploading isn't an option. I will updated the sticky and FAQ to reflect this.

I don't know why buy my first upload as been deleted? It contained voice samples, but i think it's a bit late for deleted them?
And my last upload was also deleted for no apparent reason because there were no recognizable instrument?

There isn't a time limit on deleting tracks, if a track doesn't follow the rules we will delete it eventually. We deleted your tracks because they contained movie samples one had samples from vertigo, the other from the good the bad and the ugly. Awesome taste in movies by the way!

Sphax wrote:

I don't know why buy my first upload as been deleted? It contained voice samples, but i think it's a bit late for deleted them?
And my last upload was also deleted for no apparent reason because there were no recognizable instrument?

Sphax - we try to always send an email - I did attempt twice to email you about your track this week but was having PC issues so I wasn't sure it got through (hence the twice) if you didn't recieve it I sincerely apologise

Oh all right, i just received them all in one shot and just like 1 hour ago!
I'll be careful for my next 'creation'  and will put some bloody hard distortion or something in the way on it ^^

Or use CC friendly samples to avoid risking a ban?

There is a ridiculous amount of CC / public domain stuff that can be used for WeeklyBeats.

Or just record your own like I do.

Yes but that's not the point!
if I used THOSE samples it's because there was a reason, not because it was of good quality (or as you said to choose it because it was free), but because there was a meaning of why I used them, because even if it's taken from a masterpiece (which is only available from the business industry) it's also a part of me (I think), as it is what I am and what I like and that's why I want to share it and rework it!!
I guess the only solution is to use it, but change it so hardly that nobody except me can recognize it, and that's what most electronic artist does (well not all of them wink )

Sphax wrote:

Yes but that's not the point!
if I used THOSE samples it's because there was a reason, not because it was of good quality (or as you said to choose it because it was free), but because there was a meaning of why I used them, because even if it's taken from a masterpiece (which is only available from the business industry) it's also a part of me (I think), as it is what I am and what I like and that's why I want to share it and rework it!!
I guess the only solution is to use it, but change it so hardly that nobody except me can recognize it, and that's what most electronic artist does (well not all of them wink )


the point is follow the rules maybe?

its not like they have a ton of them and its not like they are all that hard.

infradead wrote:

the point is follow the rules maybe?

its not like they have a ton of them and its not like they are all that hard.


And the point the point of the rules is to keep the Admins of Weekly Beats from being implicated in Copyright Infringement.

And to keep the site cc friendly

- edit -

Sphax wrote:

Yes but that's not the point!

Quick clarification, weeklybeats is not the internet, nor is it music culture as a whole. Its a small site run buy a group of friends who wanted to write a bunch of songs this year. We established a set of rules to run the site in a way we are happy with. If you don't like the rules, please go elsewhere. If you are able to work within the rules (which I hope you are cause your stuff is interesting) then please continue to contribute.