Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

fc

lillian

By fc on March 22, 2020 5:44 am

named after my dog's best friend.

MASSIVE INSPIRATION THIS WEEKEND WITH THE HECKIN' EULERROOM EQUINOX LIVESTREAM OH MY GOD SO MUCH LIVE CODING I NOW NEED TO GET MY CHOPS UP WITH ALL THE AWESOME LIVE CODING I'VE BEEN NEGLECTING FOR EVER AND ALSO CORONAVIRUS.

But seriously. Eulerroom was FUCKING SICK. This is made with TidalCycles. It was not fully live coded, but I started sketching stuff out and then improvised from there with the record button hit. Post production in Live.

If you want to see the doggo good times follow @iliketochewtolietpaper on instagram

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
March 23, 2020 12:28 pm

I've played quickly with TIdal Cycles before and found it quite interesting.  In particular with how it handles rhythm.  I played with this amazing artist in Japan who was a master at live coding but it controlled his modular rig.  It was mental!  And I had to play after him!  Haha.

Love how this track develops over time.  Really sucks you in.

March 30, 2020 2:13 am
rdomain wrote:

I've played quickly with TIdal Cycles before and found it quite interesting.  In particular with how it handles rhythm.  I played with this amazing artist in Japan who was a master at live coding but it controlled his modular rig.  It was mental!  And I had to play after him!  Haha.

Love how this track develops over time.  Really sucks you in.

Thanks man! Yeah, I love the slow-build quality of live coding a lot. Kinda minimalist without the minimalist aesthetic (potentially). That modular thing sounds amazing - the eulerroom equinox live stream event was AMAZING. There were a few peeps doing modular control with Tidal - so sick.

March 30, 2020 10:21 am

This one is a real treat on nice monitors. That panning is shameless. Gawjuzz. So often, your music has just what I need and I never know how much I needed it until I listen.

March 31, 2020 5:06 am
kevanatkins wrote:

This one is a real treat on nice monitors. That panning is shameless. Gawjuzz. So often, your music has just what I need and I never know how much I needed it until I listen.


Thanks Kevan. The panning is perlin noise! I don't really associate my music generally as connecting to people in the way you describe so it's nice to know that it does. heart

August 22, 2020 11:03 pm

This is great. I always struggled to get interesting stuff out of TC but you are killin' it here.

August 23, 2020 2:04 am
license wrote:

This is great. I always struggled to get interesting stuff out of TC but you are killin' it here.


Hey thanks, I love TC. Haven't used it for a while.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up