Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / emily's music / you can't hide

you can't hide

By emily on April 11, 2020 7:11 pm

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

  • Play
  • Download
April 13, 2020 1:16 am

"i need to move away from humans" I feel you. I'm actually moving in a month and a half, hopefully to get away from noise and people. smile

Really love the minimal arrangement here, everything fits really well.

April 13, 2020 1:31 am

I can relate to the sentiment.  And yeah people who insist on standing close right now are extra annoying.  Especially while they're coughing.  I just needed some groceries, not infections.  Anyway, dig the track though.  It's somehow kind of uneasy and soothing at the same time.

April 13, 2020 4:06 am

I love how spacious this song is, sounds like you're more than 6 feet away wink good job

April 13, 2020 5:48 am

beautiful

April 13, 2020 11:29 am

the reverb and air you create is heavenly beautiful. but the song is sad somehow.

April 13, 2020 1:40 pm

It sounds like I'm listening to someone play this song from a block away on a clear night and it's absolutely great!

April 15, 2020 7:04 am

Ominous threat music.

April 16, 2020 2:08 am

Lushness! ... you can't hide from the weeklybeeeeast.... i mean beats

April 16, 2020 2:08 pm
Mission Crossing wrote:

"i need to move away from humans" I feel you. I'm actually moving in a month and a half, hopefully to get away from noise and people. smile Really love the minimal arrangement here, everything fits really well.


CosmicCairns wrote:

I can relate to the sentiment.  And yeah people who insist on standing close right now are extra annoying.  Especially while they're coughing.  I just needed some groceries, not infections.  Anyway, dig the track though.  It's somehow kind of uneasy and soothing at the same time.

ViridianLoom wrote:

I love how spacious this song is, sounds like you're more than 6 feet away wink good job

April 16, 2020 2:19 pm
emm wrote:

beautiful

Q-Rosh wrote:

the reverb and air you create is heavenly beautiful. but the song is sad somehow.

Jokinen wrote:

It sounds like I'm listening to someone play this song from a block away on a clear night and it's absolutely great!


April 18, 2020 5:27 pm

Ahah I agree, sometimes plants > humans. The dead bunny tag makes me instantly think of Watership Down, I think this piece would fit that film pretty well. Great atmosphere /

April 19, 2020 1:17 pm
hieme wrote:

Ahah I agree, sometimes plants > humans. The dead bunny tag makes me instantly think of Watership Down, I think this piece would fit that film pretty well. Great atmosphere /

Thank you - I really need to read that book!  Thanks for the reminder! My friend Jessie and his project The Terminal Orchestra put out an album called "Leave Home Rabbit" - perhaps it will be of interest to you?  Ever since he put this out I've wanted to read the book!

Sadly that was a reference to a bunny nest that was in my garden that had been ravaged by a night creature - after a difficult week - to wake up and find mangled bunnies at the back doorstep was intense...

April 19, 2020 1:35 pm
Devieus wrote:

Ominous threat music.

 


Podling wrote:

Lushness! ... you can't hide from the weeklybeeeeast.... i mean beats


April 20, 2020 6:10 pm

Wow, I know the feeling.

April 20, 2020 8:39 pm
kaedo sevaada wrote:

Thank you - I really need to read that book!  Thanks for the reminder! My friend Jessie and his project The Terminal Orchestra put out an album called "Leave Home Rabbit" - perhaps it will be of interest to you?  Ever since he put this out I've wanted to read the book!

Sadly that was a reference to a bunny nest that was in my garden that had been ravaged by a night creature - after a difficult week - to wake up and find mangled bunnies at the back doorstep was intense...

Oh damn, that sounds absolutely terrible. It always seems particularly bad when rabbits get hurt considering how peaceful they are. I've had the book on my list for a while now too, I really need to get around to it.
I checked out the video, the band sounds great. I've been looking for new albums recently so I'll add theirs into the rotation! Thanks for the recommendation!

April 23, 2020 2:19 pm

Def agree it has that "far away" feeling.  Like I'm going for a walk at night (on lockdown) and trying to find the source of the somber melody.  Also lawn mowers and leaf blowers in the early morning hours are GRRRRR!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up