WeeklyBeats.com / Music / E-dub's music / Exactly What a Synth Would Say

Exactly What a Synth Would Say

By E-dub on January 20, 2018 4:23 pm

I had a lot of fun with this one. It has some of the same cool synths as last week, but I added in a little guitar work as well. Also, I created my own drum beat with the piano roll for a change instead of using Addictive Drums 2 like I normally use. Then I had more fun writing lyrics and even more fun recording my vocals.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lyrics:

I wonder if a robot can have feelings like mine.
Can he ever get nostalgic at just the scent of pine?
Can he miss a girl he barely even knows?
Does her face make all his circuits glow?

Will her touch send shivers through your platinum spine?
I wonder if you have feelings like mine.

Well, I ask if you’re a synth and you exclaim, "no way!"
But you know that that's exactly what a synth would say.
You say you'd never take my babe or set her heart aflame,
but I know that that's exactly what a synth would claim.

I wonder if an android ever stops to cry.
Does your coolant pump skip a beat each time that she walks by?
Does your air pump ever sputter as its bearings seize
from the tightness in your chest that makes it hard to breathe?

Will just a thought of her put sparkles in your cold silicon eye?
I wonder if you ever feel a need to cry.

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

January 22, 2018 12:23 am

I like the lyrics on this a lot and the fun you had definitely shines through!

January 22, 2018 1:13 am

Don't let that synth seduce your babe with his flashy lights and twiddly knobs! babes love twiddly knobs, y'know!

January 22, 2018 6:30 pm

Listening to this after watching Blade Runner 2049; I like this much better. And it only took one person. ::)

January 22, 2018 10:10 pm

This is really strange but I'm totally into it! Great lyrics

January 24, 2018 12:27 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

I like the lyrics on this a lot and the fun you had definitely shines through!

Thanks for listening and for the compliments. I appreciate it.

Wisefire wrote:

I have a twiddly knob. She liked it for many years and then suddenly didn't anymore.

Jim Wood wrote:

Thanks. Haven't seen it yet. I was thinking of the Fallout video game franchise when I came up with the title. Most of the rest is a weird sort of love song about the feelings we have when we're attracted to someone. Sometimes the lyrics just come out without much actual planning, which is nice because I suck at planning.

Sodabelly wrote:

This is really strange but I'm totally into it! Great lyrics

Thank you on both counts, Mr. Belly.

January 24, 2018 4:20 pm

That's exactly what a human would say.

January 25, 2018 2:19 am

Good job.

January 27, 2018 11:32 pm

Kooky! smile Kurt Kobain would say 'Its okay to eat synths, cos they don't have any feelings' ... *robot dance