Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / djippy's music / This is not a Mother's day song

This is not a Mother's day song

By djippy on May 10, 2020 5:44 pm

A weird one (at least to me).

Guitarist of Bertrude did send me a .midi file for a futur song that he did create using guitar pro. Since I am stuck at home, I did a stupid orchestration with synts, reverbs, saturation and electronic drums...

If we can record this as a real song with acoustic instrument and Mitch singing something on it I think it could be a pretty cool song.

As it is it is a funny thing.

Rock! ?

See you next week!

p.s. sorry guys, listening back to the track after the rendering I have heard some clicks (seems to be from the bass track) but I don't have the time to fix that now.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
May 11, 2020 12:46 pm

I like weird stuff. and here I can get it. many cool ideas, but your vocals are missing.

May 11, 2020 9:00 pm

It definitely starts out rock and kind of returns there, but I like the turn into synth territory, too.  It adds a different dimension.  A different recording with all acoustic instruments could be cool, too, but don't discount this version. 

May 12, 2020 1:05 pm

Good thing it isn't, this song is good for every day.

It's synth rock, by the way.

May 12, 2020 5:35 pm

Dude great track! This has a video game feel to it. I like your drum playing at this speed. You gave the crowd what they wanted.... They asked for cowbell, and you answered. Well done!

May 14, 2020 5:15 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

I like weird stuff. and here I can get it. many cool ideas, but your vocals are missing.

Sometimes I take the time to try to add something vocally, I have the idea of doing a very simple acoustic guitar with my vocal song at some point this year... I am getting used to listening to me singing, but it is still not a too pleasant experience.


CosmicCairns wrote:

It definitely starts out rock and kind of returns there, but I like the turn into synth territory, too.  It adds a different dimension.  A different recording with all acoustic instruments could be cool, too, but don't discount this version.

Synths can be fun for sure, and it is awesome that we can find so many cool synths vsts for free. I have a little understanding of some of it, but this is not my go to for sure. Pretty sure we will record that at some point with all the stuff that moves lots of air. (electric guitars, real tube amps, acoustic drums, bass and vocals (Mitch ones, that are more powerful and better pitch then mine for sure) I'll keep that version for the "hidden song" of the album...



Devieus wrote:

Good thing it isn't, this song is good for every day.

It's synth rock, by the way.

All good, synth rock it is. smile



Saucey-dough wrote:

Dude great track! This has a video game feel to it. I like your drum playing at this speed. You gave the crowd what they wanted.... They asked for cowbell, and you answered. Well done!

It is super funny that you mention the cowbell. Found one on the addictive drums kits and added that just for you guys that wanted more cowbell!

See you next week!

May 17, 2020 1:55 am

I love that it sounds like a pop rock intro and then goes into synthwave land. It's fun and i like the whole vibe of the track.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up