Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / djippy's music / New Drums!!!

New Drums!!!

By djippy on November 1, 2020 7:52 pm

Finally I did buy myself new drums for my birthday... So I just record myself at home with the new drums, then added a bass. Not really a song but it is what it is. I am pretty happy about how drums sounds. 3 mics setup again, (kick, snare and another mic about 2-3 meters in front of the drums.) Added a little reverb and voilĂ .

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
November 2, 2020 3:17 am

Awesome man, congrats.  Nothing beats new gear, absolutely nothing.  They sound great, hope you're enjoying them!

November 2, 2020 12:59 pm

Sounds like you're having a good time on them.

November 2, 2020 6:03 pm

Looks (and sounds) like a nice setup.  May they bring you many years of good use!

November 2, 2020 11:09 pm

hell yeah new drums! congrats, this sounds sweet, stoked to see what you put out the rest of the year with em

November 3, 2020 12:50 pm
Chrisfoo wrote:

Awesome man, congrats.  Nothing beats new gear, absolutely nothing.  They sound great, hope you're enjoying them!


Pretty happy so far! and I think I had a good price for it. New gear is fun indeed, but using gear is even MORE fun.

Devieus wrote:

Sounds like you're having a good time on them.


Thanks. hitting drums most of the time is pretty fun.

CosmicCairns wrote:

Looks (and sounds) like a nice setup.  May they bring you many years of good use!


This setup sounds very different then the other kit I was playing on. So far very happy about it. It is tuned way higher than what I usually tune my drums, but all toms notes are in harmony so I'll wait a little before I experiment with tuning...

demonzor wrote:

hell yeah new drums! congrats, this sounds sweet, stoked to see what you put out the rest of the year with em

8 weeks left! This is crazy... I'll try to release some good stuff! It has been some weeks where I do not plan much, don't put too much time into music, we will see how much I am able to invest into those latest week of the year for music.

November 3, 2020 9:16 pm

Happy birthday. The set sounds awesome. Love the way you miced and played it.

November 4, 2020 12:27 am

Congrats on the new kit man! The Evans skins look like they are in great shape. What kind of kit? The kick drum sounds huge. 24 inches?

November 4, 2020 1:01 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

Happy birthday. The set sounds awesome. Love the way you miced and played it.


Thanks! I really like less microphones on drums, makes my life easier for mix... (yes I am lazy). Thanks for the comment about playing, I try, I try, it is always tough to listen back to myself but weekly beats "force" me to release stuff.

Saucey-dough wrote:

Congrats on the new kit man! The Evans skins look like they are in great shape. What kind of kit? The kick drum sounds huge. 24 inches?

Heads looks pretty much new. Evans G2 on top and bottom... It is a mix n match drum, kick 22"x14" and floor  tom 16x16" are Yamaha absolute hybrid maple and I have 13",14",20" toms and gong drum that are Tama Starclassic Bubinga Birch. I probably will be able to purchase more Tama shells from the guy that I bought the kit from, it is shells from a "monster kit".

 

November 4, 2020 4:36 pm
djippy wrote:
Q-Rosh wrote:

Happy birthday. The set sounds awesome. Love the way you miced and played it.


Thanks! I really like less microphones on drums, makes my life easier for mix... (yes I am lazy). Thanks for the comment about playing, I try, I try, it is always tough to listen back to myself but weekly beats "force" me to release stuff.

Saucey-dough wrote:

Congrats on the new kit man! The Evans skins look like they are in great shape. What kind of kit? The kick drum sounds huge. 24 inches?

Heads looks pretty much new. Evans G2 on top and bottom... It is a mix n match drum, kick 22"x14" and floor  tom 16x16" are Yamaha absolute hybrid maple and I have 13",14",20" toms and gong drum that are Tama Starclassic Bubinga Birch. I probably will be able to purchase more Tama shells from the guy that I bought the kit from, it is shells from a "monster kit".


Frankenstein kit. Love it.

November 5, 2020 9:10 am

This sounds great! I really love the drum sound you can capture. The snare is so gooood.

You're using a zidjan crash! It blew my mind when I discovered that the company has been around since the 17th century!

November 7, 2020 2:54 pm

Hey, happy birthday.  Those drums sound cool but I'm loving that bass tone with fat flangy sound.  What is that coming from?

November 7, 2020 3:07 pm
Kedbreak136 wrote:

This sounds great! I really love the drum sound you can capture. The snare is so gooood.

You're using a zidjan crash! It blew my mind when I discovered that the company has been around since the 17th century!


Those are actually my hi-hats, but yes this is a company that is there since so long this is great. I use mostly Sabian cymbals because they are kind of cheap on the used market here.

NWSPR wrote:

Hey, happy birthday.  Those drums sound cool but I'm loving that bass tone with fat flangy sound.  What is that coming from?

I don't remember which preset and am not currently on the computer I did record the track, but it is 2 patches of AAS Analog Session (I had this plugin free with the focusrite plugin collective.). One bass patch, then I just copied the midi track and transposed that one or 2 octaves up with a lead patch. (No tweaking on the patch, took it stock...)

November 7, 2020 3:15 pm

Or maybe it was the novation bass station plugin, not sure anymore... lol.

November 18, 2020 2:38 pm

The drums sound excellent with that low end bass.  Great sound on the kit overall but especially enjoyed how the cymbals sounded.

November 18, 2020 6:36 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

The drums sound excellent with that low end bass.  Great sound on the kit overall but especially enjoyed how the cymbals sounded.

Good old cymbals... I didn't have to buy new drums, but at least they look COOL smile .

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up