Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / djippy's music / Mon anniversaire

Mon anniversaire

By djippy on October 24, 2020 9:21 pm

This was this time of the year where I think about my age and what I did with my life so far... Just turned 39 years old. Was able to have a jam with Niko, since I didn't do anything this week for the weekly beat, did bring my laptop to the rehearsal room. 3 mics on the drums, 1 close mic on the guitar.

Added the synth bass and vocals at home this Saturday.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
October 26, 2020 2:43 am

Happy birthday! I really like the feel of this track. It's got a rad grunge element to it that fits really nicely with the vocals.

October 26, 2020 2:45 am

Happy birthday dude, sounds like a fun way to celebrate.  Sweet jam, that synth bass you added is wild.  Super gritty and deep.

October 27, 2020 5:35 pm

Happy Birthday djippy! Sounds like you and Niko have a good working relationship. You guys are always on the same page with your jams. Good job man.

October 28, 2020 7:58 am

Joyeux anniversaire! On a juste 6 mois de difference. smile

That's a cool jam. Guitar lines are really cool on this track!

October 28, 2020 2:04 pm
hent03 wrote:

Happy birthday! I really like the feel of this track. It's got a rad grunge element to it that fits really nicely with the vocals.

Chrisfoo wrote:

Happy birthday dude, sounds like a fun way to celebrate.  Sweet jam, that synth bass you added is wild.  Super gritty and deep.

Saucey-dough wrote:

Happy Birthday djippy! Sounds like you and Niko have a good working relationship. You guys are always on the same page with your jams. Good job man.

Kedbreak136 wrote:

Joyeux anniversaire! On a juste 6 mois de difference. smile

That's a cool jam. Guitar lines are really cool on this track!

Thanks all!

Yes, I am jamming with Niko since maybe 10 years ago? We are not great yet, but still having fun together. Listening back to the song today, I think the bass is too up front, but I do like how it sounds.

There is a pop thing about the main guitar line that I really like, and yes we sound kind of grunge when we play together.

We might do a "real" song with this at some point. Have a great day all!

October 30, 2020 8:23 pm

Happy birthday.

October 30, 2020 10:17 pm

Happy birthday!! Great tune, it definitely feels like you two are on the same wavelength with this.

November 7, 2020 2:57 pm

Happy belated birthday! Manny happy returns. Cool prog rock sounding jam! Very tight and complete like a fully worked out track.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up