WeeklyBeats.com / Music / djippy's music / Longueuil Western Beach Party

Longueuil Western Beach Party

By djippy on April 9, 2020 9:28 pm

I started this one with the intention of doing a surf song. It turned out pretty cool, but really made me think of a western movie sound track. So it is a Western Surf Rock song. smile. I wish I had a guitar with a whammy bar, but I don't, even my strats doesn't sad (I own a hardtail strat and another one which I lose the tremolo arm)

I imagine a cowboy on a beach that goes surfing listening to this one.

Enjoy.

Drums are from Addictive drum 2 (Fairfax vol 2), played on my roland td6 drums. Guitars are played on my telecaster, into a Randall RD1 using the cab simulation out directly into my soundcard. Did add cab simulation and loads of delay/reverb...
Bass in DI.

Rock!

April 13, 2020 12:46 am

Dude!!! C'est excellent heart J'adore la vibe surf, pis tes harmonies sont tight big_smile Joyeuses Paques toi aussi!

April 13, 2020 12:56 am

Excellent blend of genres.  I can hear the surf vibes and the cowboy vibes for sure.  I seem to recall the Dead Milkmen had a song called Surfin' Cow back in the day so it seems maybe there's something to this surf-western thing.

April 13, 2020 9:32 am

I wish I could give you the whammy bars, that are laying here around. But still I can feel the surf and western style. well done. chapeau.

April 13, 2020 5:18 pm

Wow you nailed the Western style.  Great tones on this.  Cool track

April 13, 2020 6:54 pm

Awesome! Great clash of two awesome genres. I have really been into Westerns lately. Just saw True Grit for the first time and just bought Red Dead Redemption for PS4. Great vibes on this track!

April 15, 2020 2:25 am
Gab Manette wrote:

Dude!!! C'est excellent <3 J'adore la vibe surf, pis tes harmonies sont tight big_smile Joyeuses Paques toi aussi!

Thanks! Je me suis surpris avec celle là, avec la petite transposition en plus...

CosmicCairns wrote:

It probably have something to do with the huge reverbs on the guitars, they did that on both style. Anyways, it was not planned to do so, it is an happy accident.

Q-Rosh wrote:

It is all right, I'll buy another guitar with a bigsby instead... lol (Maybe not, I have a house to pay for now, so more guitars is probably not the priority, but I like those instruments...)

coreytrev0r wrote:

Wow you nailed the Western style.  Great tones on this.  Cool track

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Saucey-dough wrote:

Thanks a lot!

April 16, 2020 12:18 pm

Yeah! Total spaghetti western sound / Pulp Fiction vibe. The vocals and harmonies are fucking amazing! Guitars got that perfect tone.  Faved!