WeeklyBeats.com / Music / djippy's music / La fin des vacances

La fin des vacances

By djippy on January 18, 2020 3:42 am

I wanted to try to record a waltz inspired by french singer, so I did. Didn't have time to orchestrate accordion and stuff, but I was able to do a little something. Did improvise lyrics the day before I was going back to work. Did not have my condenser mic at home, so everything was recorded with dynamic mic. I never play drums with brushes. This is new stuff for me. So is bass guitar. And I usually do not sing either.

Do not worry, electric guitars and louder drums will come back soon...

Lyrics:

Je suis en vacances jusqu'à demain
Mais demain je travaillerai encore pour plusieurs années

Je suis en vacances jusqu'à demain
C'est comme ca
Tout les soirs, avec la guitare

Je suis au travail
C'est difficile jour après jour
Je suis au travail
Et j'aime pas ca tout le temps.

January 20, 2020 1:04 am

"Mais demain je travaillerai encore pour plusieurs années" des mots plus vrais n'ont jamais été dit!! Belle valse heart

January 20, 2020 1:33 am

That was a fun change of pace.  I'm all up for loud electric guitars and drums, but tracks like this are welcome, too!

January 23, 2020 6:37 pm

This is a phenomenally unique WB, wasn't expecting it at all! It sounds great and you sound great, just a note that your cymbals are taking up a whole lot of your headroom and maybe could be mixed a bunch quieter.

January 23, 2020 8:02 pm
Gab Manette wrote:

"Mais demain je travaillerai encore pour plusieurs années" des mots plus vrais n'ont jamais été dit!! Belle valse <3

On va travailler longtemps! Au moins le monde avec qui on travaillent sont le fun smile

CosmicCairns wrote:

I'll do multiple style this year, will try to release 52 tracks... So not all acoustic stuff for sure.

scottux wrote:

Was done pretty quickly and hitting hard the limiter so the track is "Loud"... Thanks a lot for the comment. Drum was recorded at home when the kids sleeping, one track at a time, not as a whole (kick, snare, ride, floor) so there is no "natural" balance. Anyways, fun to do stuff out of our confort zone (playing anything different than rock, playing other instruments than drums, singing (damn it is hard to listen to what we record, but in my case listening to my voice is probably the most difficult.))

Thanks a lot all!

January 24, 2020 1:01 am

this is cool stuff!

January 26, 2020 9:07 pm

very nice!

August 26, 2020 12:34 am

Très cool d'avoir du chant par ici big_smile En français qui plus est smile Bravo !!!