Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Faux Jazz

By djippy on September 20, 2020 1:48 am

Another step on unknown territory. This is my take on "Jazz". I am ok happy about my drums, this is not what I usually do, I should practice more, do some independence exercices, actually work on Jazz drumming since it is super good for independence but I am a lazy guy that have much other things to do... sad .

Started to record the drums. Added some electric piano chords, bass, added a little vocal line, then wanted to add a jazzy guitar. I am ok with the guitar tone, but very not a fan of what I did play...

Anyways, very happy to have recorded something way out of my confort zone.

Lyrics:

Je n'ai absolument rien a dire
car j'ai beaucoup trop a faire.

Alors je fais
et je laisse les autres dire...

Je n'ai rien a dire,
car j'ai trop a faire.

Bis...

Bapababala bap...

Disez, j'en ai rien a cirer.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
September 21, 2020 12:55 am

It's always good to leave the comfort zone a little.  It definitely has a jazzy feel for sure.  The drums, bass and piano really sell it.

September 21, 2020 3:12 am

The drums sound good to me man.  I'm by no means an experienced drummer, but it definitely sounds something a jazz drummer would play.  Love the piano too, very cool chords.

September 21, 2020 8:38 pm

Sounds jazzy to me. I like the drum work, which sounds jazzy. If jazz is something you want to learn more about, you will make it a priority to learn. There's only so much we can learn and pursue in our lives. We have to choose what those things are.

September 22, 2020 12:16 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

It's always good to leave the comfort zone a little.  It definitely has a jazzy feel for sure.  The drums, bass and piano really sell it.


This time for sure it was not confortable... I did learn a little bit of jazz drumming when I was younger, but never put that much effort into it.

Chrisfoo wrote:

The drums sound good to me man.  I'm by no means an experienced drummer, but it definitely sounds something a jazz drummer would play.  Love the piano too, very cool chords.


Anon_Buster wrote:

Sounds jazzy to me. I like the drum work, which sounds jazzy. If jazz is something you want to learn more about, you will make it a priority to learn. There's only so much we can learn and pursue in our lives. We have to choose what those things are.


Thanks guys. I did learn a little bit of jazz drummer when I was younger, however, I never put that much effort into it... Like you say Anon_Buster, if you want to master something you need to invest time on it... I am not this kind of guy. I am too lazy to become a master of anything. I can be stubborn so I finally get somewhere if I really want to do something, but I don't have the dedication to master anything and feel this is ok with me.

I am ok with 3 chords songs and easy 4/4 time signatures...

September 22, 2020 4:31 pm

great jazzy beat. The guitar hits the spot. Please, bring out more of this stuff.

September 23, 2020 2:05 am

The drums are fine, especially the hihat intro. This works well. Good piano play as well!

October 1, 2020 5:47 pm

Drums sound great and really lay down the jazzy groundwork. Solid playing on the bass and piano. Nice change of pace.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up