Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Emomuse

By djippy on March 15, 2020 11:42 am

Another "cheat" this week. I did work on weekly beats/djippy only stuff, I recorded new jams with Niko as well that will be used for weekly's, but none of this is completed. I am with my 2 kids today, gf is at work.

But, I did is receive a track from Bertrude bassist and it was the latest track missing for one of the song of the upcoming album. This one took way more than one week to compose/rehearse/record, but I finished this version of the mix this week. (Drums are from me, I did record Niko's guitars and Mitch Vocals)N.B.: we will hire someone to mix our song for the next album to give the things I am not able to give to a mix. I am always pissed when listening to my mixes right after listening to a big production, yes because of the performance but especially because of the quality of the mix. Since it is not my profession, I will give that to somebody else.

I really like the song anyways as it is, hope you guys will like it too.

Next week I'll try to release some djippy only content.

Rock!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
March 16, 2020 12:39 am

Ca c'est du rock!! big_smile Très très nice, j'aime ben le breakdown avec la transition au 3/4! \m/

March 16, 2020 12:53 am

I hear you on the mixes.  But professional mixes are exactly that... professional with lots of expensive equipment and people who get paid to do that as their job.  For the record, the mix on this sounds pretty cool to me.  You're consistently good at capturing a raw visceral feel that a lot of professional mixes would just polish right out to their detriment.

March 16, 2020 2:29 pm

Hell yeah, this song rocks.  I know what you mean on the mixing and mastering...it's hard not to compare it to a professional's production.  I wouldn't worry about it too much though, this song sounds great; seems like you've got at least some talent and ear for producing.  Nice work on the vocals they sound really good.  Also great guitar work.  Cool transition to 3/4 too...always love when a song does that.   Completely changes the feel of the song.  Great work overall on this!

March 16, 2020 5:00 pm
Gab Manette wrote:

Ca c'est du rock!! big_smile Très très nice, j'aime ben le breakdown avec la transition au 3/4! \m/

Thanks! j'aime beaucoup la pièce. J'espère qu'elle sera carrément à mon gout après un mix digne de ce nom...


CosmicCairns wrote:

I hear you on the mixes.  But professional mixes are exactly that... professional with lots of expensive equipment and people who get paid to do that as their job.  For the record, the mix on this sounds pretty cool to me.  You're consistently good at capturing a raw visceral feel that a lot of professional mixes would just polish right out to their detriment.

coreytrev0r wrote:

Hell yeah, this song rocks.  I know what you mean on the mixing and mastering...it's hard not to compare it to a professional's production.  I wouldn't worry about it too much though, this song sounds great; seems like you've got at least some talent and ear for producing.  Nice work on the vocals they sound really good.  Also great guitar work.  Cool transition to 3/4 too...always love when a song does that.   Completely changes the feel of the song.  Great work overall on this!

CosmicCairns wrote:

I hear you on the mixes.  But professional mixes are exactly that... professional with lots of expensive equipment and people who get paid to do that as their job.  For the record, the mix on this sounds pretty cool to me.  You're consistently good at capturing a raw visceral feel that a lot of professional mixes would just polish right out to their detriment.

Thanks! I am happy with the song, ok happy with the performance/edit, but I find the mix just a bit too raw and a little muddy, especially guitars that are great but maybe a little too distorted. Don't know if the guy we will hire will be able to clear it up.



coreytrev0r wrote:

Hell yeah, this song rocks.  I know what you mean on the mixing and mastering...it's hard not to compare it to a professional's production.  I wouldn't worry about it too much though, this song sounds great; seems like you've got at least some talent and ear for producing.  Nice work on the vocals they sound really good.  Also great guitar work.  Cool transition to 3/4 too...always love when a song does that.   Completely changes the feel of the song.  Great work overall on this!

Thanks a lot, I am trying to do that since a little while and I am better at it now than I was a couple years ago... However, I like to play with my friends, I like to record as well but mixing on a non ideal room and on headphones is a lot of work for me. I think it is not easy as well to mix his own material.

Some talent is better than none. smile

March 16, 2020 10:24 pm

Love the song.  It definitely rocks! All of it, but I especially like the vocal production. Drums and guitars sound really big as well. Lot of power!

March 18, 2020 5:20 pm

This is a powerful solid rocking song indeed. love the mixing you did. the guitarsound is great.

March 19, 2020 9:27 am

Nice song and cool fuzz guitar. What effect is that? Fuzz Factory?

March 19, 2020 4:54 pm
NWSPR wrote:

Love the song.  It definitely rocks! All of it, but I especially like the vocal production. Drums and guitars sound really big as well. Lot of power!


Thanks, I am lucky I do play with a guy that can sing... smile

Q-Rosh wrote:

This is a powerful solid rocking song indeed. love the mixing you did. the guitarsound is great.

Thanks a lot, I am decently happy with it, but since we are 4 in the band and we can split the cost, and that I want next LP to sound professional, we will ask for someone to do even better... smile



Kedbreak136 wrote:

Nice song and cool fuzz guitar. What effect is that? Fuzz Factory?

It is 2 guitars, but no fuzz pedal. The chain if I am not mistaken is an Eastwood Stormbird (not much tone on the tone control button) into a fulltone OCD into a cranked Blackstar artist 15. The second guitar is an other Eastwood but the LG50, same chain.

Happy recording.

March 20, 2020 9:11 am

Wonderful performance.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up