Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

DiscoRock

By djippy on September 13, 2020 2:19 pm

Little jam with Niko from Bertrude. We might take this into a Bertrude song at some point. I did add some synths  (for bass) and vocals on it for this time and did try to make it sound big and punchy with delays, reverbs and compression and I did try the plugin Izotope Trash for the first time on the vocal. Very fun plugin indeed...

Into the rehearsal local, one of my friends Niko's guitar...

Rock!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
September 14, 2020 12:49 am

Rocks hard right out of the gate.  Cool track.

September 14, 2020 2:02 am

For some reason the intro reminded me of Charlotte of Samurai Showdown, the kind of riff you could hear in fighting games, along with that vibe from old baroque music.
It's a good jam, there is a lot of potential for a cool track there.

September 14, 2020 3:42 am

Awesome man, love how that synth bass sounds with the real guitar and drums.

September 14, 2020 1:52 pm

you know how to rock.

September 15, 2020 9:33 pm

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY COMMENT?!?!?!  sad

I must not have submitted it, whoops.

Great track - what kind of guitar is that?  also, did I miss where the vocals appeared?

Kedbreak136 wrote:

reminded me of Charlotte of Samurai Showdown


and then I think I gave Kedbreak a shoutout about Samurai Shodown.  you mean the new one or the old ones?

September 15, 2020 10:14 pm
orangedrink wrote:

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY COMMENT?!?!?!  sad

I must not have submitted it, whoops.

Great track - what kind of guitar is that?  also, did I miss where the vocals appeared?

Kedbreak136 wrote:

reminded me of Charlotte of Samurai Showdown


and then I think I gave Kedbreak a shoutout about Samurai Shodown.  you mean the new one or the old ones?

That’d be the old one from the mid 90s, on arcade!

September 16, 2020 7:33 am

Damn, this slaps. That ending sounded like this is merely the beginning.

September 16, 2020 1:14 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Rocks hard right out of the gate.  Cool track.


Q-Rosh wrote:

you know how to rock.


Thanks! I like to rock...

Kedbreak136 wrote:

For some reason the intro reminded me of Charlotte of Samurai Showdown, the kind of riff you could hear in fighting games, along with that vibe from old baroque music.
It's a good jam, there is a lot of potential for a cool track there.


I didn't play that videogame, just googled it to listen to the theme. Thanks!

Chrisfoo wrote:

Awesome man, love how that synth bass sounds with the real guitar and drums.


A dirty synth bass works pretty good with electric guitars. It has been a couple of tracks this year that I do this and I like it.

orangedrink wrote:

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY COMMENT?!?!?!  sad

I must not have submitted it, whoops.

Great track - what kind of guitar is that?  also, did I miss where the vocals appeared?

Kedbreak136 wrote:

reminded me of Charlotte of Samurai Showdown


and then I think I gave Kedbreak a shoutout about Samurai Shodown.  you mean the new one or the old ones?


So you did come TWICE to listen to my track! I am honored... smile . Vocals are there right at the start. I layered two tracks of back vocals and did put it far away in the mix, but with loads of dirt.

Devieus wrote:

Damn, this slaps. That ending sounded like this is merely the beginning.


Thanks man, It will probably transform into a full band Rock song.

September 16, 2020 5:38 pm

I think this song is so fire it melted the servers - I just tried to comment again and it didn't post.

I went back and found the vocals!  They were hiding behind the FIRE GUITAR RIFF smile

September 18, 2020 7:42 pm

Yes. Rocking it. I came for the disco but totally stayed for the rock.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up