Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

DANCE MONKEY

By dj someguy on January 18, 2020 6:21 pm

Was in a happy mood this week, felt like dancing, so made an utterly uncomplicated dance track. Just fun, just house. Cause life's too serious as it is anyways.
Had fun making this. Hope you have fun listening to it

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
January 20, 2020 2:46 am

Nice! I great reminder that things don't always need to be super complicated to work well smile

January 20, 2020 6:43 pm

Really digging the rhythms you have going here!  Great bass line and staccato ostinato too.

January 20, 2020 7:48 pm

Oh yes, this is very fun! You got an infectious groove going, I can't stay still while listening!

January 21, 2020 8:30 am

Mission accomplisged! This is a dance track... dancing through the subwaystation smile

January 21, 2020 11:42 pm

This just screams early 90s movie hacking montage, and I love it for that

January 22, 2020 6:14 pm

DAP dap (dap)

January 22, 2020 6:57 pm
Simon Koehn wrote:

Nice! I great reminder that things don't always need to be super complicated to work well smile


True indeed!

January 22, 2020 6:58 pm
Reilly Farrell wrote:

Really digging the rhythms you have going here!  Great bass line and staccato ostinato too.


Thanks so much!

Gab Manette wrote:

Oh yes, this is very fun! You got an infectious groove going, I can't stay still while listening!


That was the plan! smile

January 22, 2020 6:59 pm
theGuen wrote:

Mission accomplisged! This is a dance track... dancing through the subwaystation smile


awesome! thanks!

January 22, 2020 6:59 pm
PantherMountain wrote:

This just screams early 90s movie hacking montage, and I love it for that


I'm not 100% sure what you mean with that but i'll take it for now and think about it later! smile

January 24, 2020 3:58 am

No need to be complicated, this works great, actually I think it’s harder to make these familiar sounds sound so good, fun and gets you moving

January 28, 2020 9:59 pm

Smooth, I'd get down to this.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up