Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / disquiet's music / In and Near C

In and Near C

By disquiet on January 5, 2020 9:38 pm

A drone in and near C for the start of the new year. The source note is from my Arturia MicroBrute. It goes through a reverb pedal, the HardWire RV-7, which then goes into my Eurorack modular synthesizer. Several things happen then: three separate bands of the spectrum (via the MakeNoise FXDf module) are individually combined with snippets being frozen in the Clouds module (triggered by a square wave from an oscillator, the Dixie II), and I'm manually saving and playing loops using the Soundmachines UL1 (recording and playing as triggered by two foot pedals via the Monome Walk module). That's a broad-strokes description.

January 6, 2020 9:23 am

intriguing harmonies there... I like your choice of the acoustic space, sounds somewhat industrial, a good one.

January 6, 2020 9:46 am

before reading your description, I thought this track was made using acoustic instruments -- like a harmonium + bandoneon orchestra

January 12, 2020 11:50 am

When the Exigent Hiveseer throws this track on and it's time to assimilate another species.

January 12, 2020 4:12 pm
zirafa wrote:

Thanks. Yeah, before I got the MicroBrute, I'd read that adding some reverb is helpful, even essential, and I've found that to be the case.

January 14, 2020 10:01 pm

your process sounds really interesting - I like the result

January 15, 2020 1:47 pm

Enjoyed that drone, thanks!