WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Devieus's music / The Story in Short

The Story in Short

By Devieus on September 9, 2018 9:02 am

There's nothing too much going on, like I said I would do. It's just musings, mashing chords together off-key and on (there's a C# chord somewhere in there) imagined around a melody made with the piano, then harmonizing that with the square wave. I find that the most effective harmony.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

September 10, 2018 12:13 am

Neat exploration of harmony.  Also, never realized piano and square wave could compliment each other so well!

September 10, 2018 3:23 am
Reilly Farrell wrote:

Thanks. I could tell you a few more instruments that harmonize just as easily, but it's probably better if you found out about them yourself.

September 10, 2018 4:23 pm

Bach in a blender. Again, nice doubling!

September 10, 2018 8:57 pm

The choir weaves everything together nicely. But the piano and drums, especially that snare are the most intriguing and well suited together. Chaotic and percussive. Hows the new work going?

September 10, 2018 10:56 pm

Gave me a nice prologue feel, wrapping up but looking ahead at the same time, nice harmonies throughout big_smile

September 11, 2018 4:52 am
Jim Wood wrote:

Bach in a blender. Again, nice doubling!

He never saw it coming.

NWSPR wrote:

Thanks. It's a real time sink.

Gab Manette wrote:

Yea, that's basically the entire story in short. Like how it feels like the start of something, but then it resolves. I reckon if I ended on a different chord it'd be more intro-like.

September 11, 2018 9:26 pm

The rhythmic switch ups are so D O P E.

Piano sounds really pretty.  Very well done.

September 12, 2018 12:39 am
orangedrink wrote:

The rhythmic switch ups are so D O P E.

Piano sounds really pretty.  Very well done.

Thanks.

I was thinking they'd be super jank, but then the best transition is sometimes no transition.

September 17, 2018 4:38 pm

Wonderful harmonies explored with the piano and the choir.  Nice work

September 17, 2018 7:34 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

Wonderful harmonies explored with the piano and the choir.  Nice work

I just so love this choir.