Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Devieus's music / The Mysterious Pace of the Curious Case

The Mysterious Pace of the Curious Case

By Devieus on December 9, 2018 1:42 pm

There's actually very little mysterious about it, but this is the first time I'm using the pattern editor in Macrotune. And just as well, because it's also the penultimate time I will be using it, so getting that put in there is a great help (the last time will be the last week, but I'll get to that when it happens).

The pattern editor is the part of the program where the song can be structured with things like a chorus and such. Every channel can have multiple patterns delineated by a line break, and while that isn't super useful since any parameter can be changed at all times, it's nice to have.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

December 10, 2018 1:34 am

Cool.  The fast arps are exciting.  The tempo slowdown along with the new synth sound coming it was a real treat.  Then I liked it when it came back.

December 10, 2018 4:10 am
orangedrink wrote:

They're the most exciting thing, or the most excited.

The tempo slowdown is the second section stepping in, it somehow makes the first part feel different when it comes back.

December 10, 2018 5:46 pm

Very enjoyable. The tempo shift seems to involve a meter shift as well.

December 10, 2018 6:33 pm

interesting...

December 11, 2018 3:49 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Very enjoyable. The tempo shift seems to involve a meter shift as well.

I'm pretty sure it's 4/4 all the way through, and if it isn't, then something went wrong.

demonzor wrote:

interesting...

Quite...

December 11, 2018 6:07 pm

Running, flying then running again smile good times!

December 11, 2018 7:28 pm
Gab Manette wrote:

Running, flying then running again smile good times!

Pretty much exactly what I wanted to go for, a powerful start, a gentle middle, and a powerful ending. It's oddly satisfying.

December 11, 2018 11:07 pm

Mid section goes for baroque with soft string like sounds and rapid arps, possibly fugue like if the themes are repeating in different ways. The sounds are really filling out.

December 12, 2018 8:35 am
NWSPR wrote:

If that's what it does, then I guess it's doing it. I don't have too much control over the generator, so it's nice to see it's doing something well.

December 13, 2018 8:20 am

I also am a fan of those baroque moods in the middle part. Great interaction with the fast and slower parts elsewhere. Very hectic, but some how relaxing stuff, nevertheless...

December 13, 2018 2:05 pm
Ashen Simian wrote:

I guess you could say the title is apt.

December 15, 2018 10:27 pm

positive and productive sound, this is great!

December 16, 2018 8:59 am
franky wrote:

positive and productive sound, this is great!

Thanks. Productive sounds can be very helpful I suppose.

December 21, 2018 4:45 pm

Love the arps and the percussion.  Also very fun to say out loud title smile  Suhweet ending too with the reverb.

December 23, 2018 1:45 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

Gotta have reverb. It wouldn't be the same without.