Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Devieus's music / Steady Onward

Steady Onward

By Devieus on July 12, 2018 10:20 pm

I fixed some things that the last iteration was very lacking in. Faster bits now last longer and the tempo doesn't ramp up as much.

I also made the song have more bars to accommodate the new tempo shifts and it sounds alright. The code is a mess for it, so if I want to do more with tempo shifting it's going to need some work, but I doubt I'll make it jump to random tempos anytime soon. Unless I want a specific section with reduced tempo, which I might just do.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
July 16, 2018 10:49 pm

The added bars make the ramp up smoother indeed, good smooth progression smile Is it just me or the notes are allowed to go higher than before? might just be my imagination!

July 17, 2018 2:50 am

Took me a while to find the original "Tempo Crawl Up." Overall, a noticable refinement. And, yes Gab, I noticed the extended top-end range as well.

July 17, 2018 11:51 am
Gab Manette wrote:

The added bars make the ramp up smoother indeed, good smooth progression smile Is it just me or the notes are allowed to go higher than before? might just be my imagination!

The notes always had free range, I guess they just never went there for some reason.

Jim Wood wrote:

Took me a while to find the original "Tempo Crawl Up." Overall, a noticable refinement. And, yes Gab, I noticed the extended top-end range as well.

Next time, you can just click on my name and it'll be three away from this one (it's a cycle thing, every song is three away from a similar style).
It's not really extended, it just kinda got there this time. Though I noticed it definitely went over the limit one time.

July 18, 2018 3:39 pm

I like how it feels a bit chaotic and yet seems to hang together under its own centrifugal force. 

July 18, 2018 10:22 pm

Chaotic like musical popcorn. But the patterns unfold over time. It's like the music of machines or AI.

July 19, 2018 4:56 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

I like how it feels a bit chaotic and yet seems to hang together under its own centrifugal force.

Yea, it's spinning like mad, but like a wheel it gets more stable the faster it goes.

NWSPR wrote:

Chaotic like musical popcorn. But the patterns unfold over time. It's like the music of machines or AI.

It's unknown whether androids dream of electric sheep, but they'd definitely listen to this in their spare time.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up