Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Devieus's music / Roar Athush Ju

Roar Athush Ju

By Devieus on July 11, 2020 4:42 pm

Haven't done much to the generator, so manual intervention was needed. I like what I did to it though. It was sort of the plan all along, after all, this is a procedural generation composer, not a musician.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
July 13, 2020 1:48 am

This generator is going places. I love catching up with the tweaks each week. Really like the piano that comes in briefly at around 00:52ish.

July 13, 2020 3:28 am

Yeahhhhhh, so this is a duo of you and the generator?  Awesome.  Its wild trying to figure out whats human.  Love the bird/piano solo.

July 13, 2020 5:27 am

A taste of what’s to come in the future: procedural generators that help musicians with ideas. Still waiting for when this thing does drum and bird big_smile

July 13, 2020 5:46 am
hent03 wrote:

This generator is going places. I love catching up with the tweaks each week. Really like the piano that comes in briefly at around 00:52ish.

I might put it in the generator, I might not. I'm thinking I might.

Chrisfoo wrote:

Yeahhhhhh, so this is a duo of you and the generator?  Awesome.  Its wild trying to figure out whats human.  Love the bird/piano solo.

Yea, it is. I've never been amazing as a solo artist, but in a duet with myself I can do some nice stuff.

Mission Crossing wrote:

A taste of what’s to come in the future: procedural generators that help musicians with ideas. Still waiting for when this thing does drum and bird big_smile

The bird's there, and it's done drums before. I guess I ought to make the drums more drummy again.

July 13, 2020 6:29 pm

The bird continues to be a nice element and the flute melody really shines, but I also like how it gives way sometimes for other parts to come to the forefront.

July 13, 2020 11:58 pm

July 14, 2020 12:27 am

This is quite an interesting mix of melodies. The branches in ipaghost's gif are exactly what the melody makes me think about. This is interesting.

July 16, 2020 3:35 pm
Ipaghost wrote:

What a nice bunch.

Kedbreak136 wrote:

This is quite an interesting mix of melodies. The branches in ipaghost's gif are exactly what the melody makes me think about. This is interesting.

Yea, that's a bug. I fixed that.

July 16, 2020 8:07 pm

Thank you for explaining me your title-generator last week. I am oldschool and fighting for names every week. I want to learn everything from your generator-experiences. Nice track btw.

July 17, 2020 11:50 am

Given that this is procedural I find it very impressive since a lot of elements and melody progressions sounds very ‘organic’.
My coup de cœur is that little synthetic bird tweeting! Nice work!

July 17, 2020 7:53 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

Thank you for explaining me your title-generator last week. I am oldschool and fighting for names every week. I want to learn everything from your generator-experiences. Nice track btw.

I have some older versions on my Github (link in my profile). My title generator (as well as everything else) should be in there in such a way you can easily tweak it. It's not a very intelligent generator though, it only makes sure the words are pronounceable, not meaningful (I used it for lyrics generation once, most of my 2016 songs can be sang).

ScanianWolf wrote:

Given that this is procedural I find it very impressive since a lot of elements and melody progressions sounds very ‘organic’.
My coup de cœur is that little synthetic bird tweeting! Nice work!

That bird's gonna stick for a while. I really like what the melody generator's doing as well, even though it's nothing special and I've used it in the first quarter. I guess it just needed a better tempo.

July 17, 2020 10:12 pm

The first two distinct sections, making up the first 1/3rd, had cohesion and made me wonder if I was listening to the same musical idea as the previous weeks.

July 19, 2020 12:24 am

This is suitably pretty. There seems to be persistent pattern generation going on - particularly rhythmic?

July 19, 2020 1:12 am

I'm 99% sure a bot leaves all your comments smile

I like the metal TINK TINK





TINK







TINK TINK TINK

July 19, 2020 11:15 am

This is really cool!

July 19, 2020 8:17 pm
Anon_Buster wrote:

The first two distinct sections, making up the first 1/3rd, had cohesion and made me wonder if I was listening to the same musical idea as the previous weeks.

I mean, what's an idea really. These compositions literally write themselves.

fc wrote:

This is suitably pretty. There seems to be persistent pattern generation going on - particularly rhythmic?

Maybe, I'm trying to keep it on-grid for the most part. And also sections to have some structure.

orangedrink wrote:

I'm 99% sure a bot leaves all your comments smile

I like the metal TINK TINK





TINK







TINK TINK TINK

I can 100% guarantee you, the comments I leave are legit. The comments on my song on the other hand.

If you want a sample of that tink, let me know, I'll give it to you.

s0nlxaftrsh0ck wrote:

This is really cool!

Thanks!

July 19, 2020 8:49 pm
Devieus wrote:


If you want a sample of that tink, let me know, I'll give it to you.

Yes please!  Very kind of you!  Can't wait to load it up on my Digitakt.  Please also name the tink as well smile

July 20, 2020 12:01 am

What an interesting composition! Love seeing all of these generations coming to life and evolving over time. It's quite light and melodic. Sounds like it'd fit into a pixel rpg or something

July 25, 2020 7:36 pm
orangedrink wrote:
Devieus wrote:


If you want a sample of that tink, let me know, I'll give it to you.

Yes please!  Very kind of you!  Can't wait to load it up on my Digitakt.  Please also name the tink as well smile


Tink, also tink, but dry.

Shorebound wrote:

What an interesting composition! Love seeing all of these generations coming to life and evolving over time. It's quite light and melodic. Sounds like it'd fit into a pixel rpg or something

It does seem to go that way, and I'm totally okay with that.

July 25, 2020 8:57 pm

Thank you so much, benevolent Tink Overlord!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up