Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Devieus's music / Q-Roshed Balls

Q-Roshed Balls

By Devieus on March 18, 2018 1:01 pm

So sometime back Q-Rosh made this song, and I felt like the recording of the pinball machine was a bit out of place and underutilized. He then responded by giving me the raw recording so I could sample parts of it for a song, which I did for better or worse, and also made my life a little harder by putting in a signature change half-way into the song for no real reason, causing a bunch of plug-ins to freak out.

Them's the breaks.

I also wanted to use the opportunity to focus on Q-Rosh' name by using it in the title as if it were "crush". I don't in all honesty know whether that's how you're supposed to say it, but that's what I'm going for here. It fits nicely with the everything.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
March 19, 2018 9:05 am

I am glad you worked with the "little Joe" sample. Such a cool track. Thanks.

March 19, 2018 11:24 am

Nice track. I like this approach and I am considering myself to record something to sample it later.

March 19, 2018 12:23 pm

cool groove-nice

March 19, 2018 1:38 pm

definitely a cool idea and well executed!

March 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Very cool set of edits--very nice groove (and great to hear pinball as a sound source!

March 19, 2018 3:52 pm

Synchronicity in action. I'm reading "Spoonbenders," involving a kid who telekinetically manipulates a pin-ball machine.

Thanks! This piece is going on repeat. ::)

March 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Synchronicity in action. Just read "Spoonbenders," involving a kid who can telekinetically manipulate a pin-ball machine. ::)

March 19, 2018 4:39 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

I am glad you worked with the "little Joe" sample. Such a cool track. Thanks.


This one's for you, dude.

zlatovlas wrote:

Nice track. I like this approach and I am considering myself to record something to sample it later.


It's all the rage.
It probably isn't, but it's an easy way to get interesting instruments.

katrin wrote:

cool groove-nice


Enjoy.

mikememo wrote:

definitely a cool idea and well executed!


Thanks. If you want you can try it too.

onezero wrote:

Very cool set of edits--very nice groove (and great to hear pinball as a sound source!


I did what I felt was right, and if that means doing right to a pinball machine then that's what I'll do.

Jim Wood wrote:

Synchronicity in action. I'm reading "Spoonbenders," involving a kid who telekinetically manipulates a pin-ball machine.

Thanks! This piece is going on repeat. ::)


Thanks. Have fun.

Jim Wood wrote:

Synchronicity in action. Just read "Spoonbenders," involving a kid who can telekinetically manipulate a pin-ball machine. ::)


That must've been a good book if you finished it in three minutes.

March 20, 2018 12:51 am

i actually really liked that q-rosh original cut. like what you did here too turned the chaos into a functional beat good work on that crazy panning

March 20, 2018 7:18 am
underground Luau wrote:

i actually really liked that q-rosh original cut. like what you did here too turned the chaos into a functional beat good work on that crazy panning

Some people will definitely like the original better, and you're the lucky winner there. Also thanks, I like balanced panning, it creates a more satisfying sensation than if it's left weighted or mono.

March 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Man! That's nice... if i ever open a game room this should be the soundtrack for the local cinema comercial...

March 20, 2018 11:05 pm

I always think it's neat when someone samples from another Weekly Beat song.  I like the rhythmic flow of the pinball sounds.

March 20, 2018 11:22 pm

i think you q-roshed it!  smile

March 21, 2018 12:19 am

This is awesome!

March 21, 2018 5:42 am

LOL - hanging out after midnight on my computer, slowly saying "QRRRROSSHHHED" to try to figure it out.

This is great and really makes me want to play pinball now.  The fake bit gives a bit of an "arcade theme song" vibe.  I like the ending choral finale.

March 21, 2018 9:02 am
theGuen wrote:

Man! That's nice... if i ever open a game room this should be the soundtrack for the local cinema comercial...

You're free to use it, even for commercial purposes in accordance with the licence.

CosmicCairns wrote:

I always think it's neat when someone samples from another Weekly Beat song.  I like the rhythmic flow of the pinball sounds.

Yea, interplay can be nice sometimes, and now I got to do it myself too. Pinball machines make for great drums because of all the mechanical bits and pieces and the buzzes make for a great bass.

kaedo sevaada wrote:

i think you q-roshed it!  smile


Completely.

cfurrow wrote:

This is awesome!

Thanks!


orangedrink wrote:

LOL - hanging out after midnight on my computer, slowly saying "QRRRROSSHHHED" to try to figure it out.

This is great and really makes me want to play pinball now.  The fake bit gives a bit of an "arcade theme song" vibe.  I like the ending choral finale.

Yea, I came up with that title fairly early on because of how I say Q-Rosh' name and the pervasive pinball sounds.

I agree that finale is something special and probably deserves a bigger song. Now go have fun in the arcade.

March 23, 2018 10:29 pm

Yep, ya Qroshed it. I liked the pin ball samples in his song, and here as well!

March 24, 2018 10:44 am
miraclemiles wrote:

Yep, ya Qroshed it. I liked the pin ball samples in his song, and here as well!


Maybe it's the pinball that does it for you then?

March 24, 2018 11:01 am

Nice fanfare feel... Ode To Pinball Joy? smile

March 25, 2018 7:07 pm

this is really creative, nice

March 29, 2018 5:21 pm

possess pinball machine! yikes Really creative idea and use of the samples.  Noooice!

March 30, 2018 5:51 am
frostyjr2 wrote:

Nice fanfare feel... Ode To Pinball Joy? smile

It's more of an ode to Q-Rosh, the rest came naturally.

milkish wrote:

this is really creative, nice

Thanks.

Tone Matrix wrote:

possess pinball machine! yikes Really creative idea and use of the samples.  Noooice!

Take it as an example of how sampling can work.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up