Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Gadgeteer

By Devieus on September 30, 2018 11:38 am

This week I bought a Nintendo Switch with my first pay. I knew even before then I wanted Korg Gadget for it for music stuff during my commutes, so on it went. This is the result of the first two days on it and recording it out with Audacity.

I like it.

I also like the gadgets. My favorites are obviously London (drum machine), Marseilles (instrument bank) and Kamata/Kingston (chiptune), but I'm sure I can find uses for the others. Except Tokyo, Miami and Brussels, those are really not my style. Everything else feels like it's got a lot of power to it.

Yea, this should be good.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
October 1, 2018 1:53 am

Fun track!  And curious to hear about Korg Gadget - how do you like it as a composition tool so far?

October 1, 2018 2:42 pm

Woah that's cool I didn't realize Korg Gadget was also available on the switch.  A big step up from the days of Mario Paint smile  I look forward to hearing what you can get out of it.  Nice work!

October 1, 2018 2:45 pm

Solid mix. Nice melodic twists!

October 1, 2018 4:56 pm
Reilly Farrell wrote:

Fun track!  And curious to hear about Korg Gadget - how do you like it as a composition tool so far?

It's about as good as it gets with the control layout of the Switch, though I wish I could manipulate more than just a few buttons with the touch screen.

Tone Matrix wrote:

Woah that's cool I didn't realize Korg Gadget was also available on the switch.  A big step up from the days of Mario Paint smile  I look forward to hearing what you can get out of it.  Nice work!

Yea, it's been a thing for a while now. It's solid, high grade sound making.

Jim Wood wrote:

Solid mix. Nice melodic twists!

Just tinkering along. The title is much more appropriate than I originally thought.

October 2, 2018 12:50 am

aw yiss dude, I love Korg Gadget! I have to bet something like >50% of my previous year attempts are Korg Gadget situations. lemme know how you like that switch!

October 2, 2018 7:46 am
scottux wrote:

aw yiss dude, I love Korg Gadget! I have to bet something like >50% of my previous year attempts are Korg Gadget situations. lemme know how you like that switch!

This Switch is fine. I like the disconnected controllers and the portability.

October 2, 2018 5:23 pm

Gadget is my go to for weekly beats, interested to see how this develops for you!  Enjoyed the track!

October 3, 2018 1:49 pm

Very catchy! heart

October 4, 2018 7:27 am
LydiaPrimate wrote:

Gadget is my go to for weekly beats, interested to see how this develops for you!  Enjoyed the track!

It's very well suited for the job. Plenty of options and easy to carry around.

Gab Manette wrote:

Very catchy! <3

It's got good vibes going.

October 4, 2018 9:21 pm

Quite catchy indeed and really has a full sound.  Nice stuff.

October 5, 2018 10:03 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

Quite catchy indeed and really has a full sound.  Nice stuff.

The power of proper panning and reverb right there.

October 7, 2018 8:05 am

Very cool piece of work...builds nicely to the end. I also have used Gadget a few times, but haven´t really taken a serious look to it yet, probably should smile

October 7, 2018 8:51 pm
Ashen Simian wrote:

Very cool piece of work...builds nicely to the end. I also have used Gadget a few times, but haven´t really taken a serious look to it yet, probably should smile

It's got some serious power in it.

October 8, 2018 2:49 pm

Awesome track... so different. Showcasing a some very classic pop chops with some 4/4 and swing rhythms. Yes, come over to the 4/4 pop dark side. We've been waiting for you smile 

October 8, 2018 5:45 pm
NWSPR wrote:

Awesome track... so different. Showcasing a some very classic pop chops with some 4/4 and swing rhythms. Yes, come over to the 4/4 pop dark side. We've been waiting for you smile

I was always here, you just never noticed. You just walked in while I sat, waiting.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up