Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Devieus's music / Feadip Shushoy

Feadip Shushoy

By Devieus on January 26, 2020 1:56 pm

Nothing much changed, just offloading some manual labor to automation. In particular the drums and patterns separate themselves and it adds a reverb. I also added a rudimentary rest implementation just because as well as mixing (basically making the instrument tracks quieter).

I think I'll make the patterns longer next time, the song's a little short on higher tempos where it shines brightest. But these are just accounting things that ought to be done before going for the actual melodies. The skeleton is important yo.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
January 27, 2020 12:19 am

January 27, 2020 12:22 am

At some point I've gotta randomly generate my comments to be meta, but cool stuff yet again!

January 27, 2020 12:25 am

Fantastic as ever. This is more frantic than usual, the algorithm must be pretty busy. Somehow the title fits as well ? The march towards sentience continues.

January 27, 2020 12:39 am

Does the algorithm aim to resolve the melody at points or is it kind of following genetic algorith/ML stuff?

January 27, 2020 1:12 am
Ipaghost wrote:

It looks so real.

Mortistar wrote:

At some point I've gotta randomly generate my comments to be meta, but cool stuff yet again!

That's probably easier than this program. You can even use my word generator and it'd look like a foreign language.

hieme wrote:

Fantastic as ever. This is more frantic than usual, the algorithm must be pretty busy. Somehow the title fits as well ? The march towards sentience continues.

The algorithm is still very bare-bones. It's probably more frantic because it goes at 220 bpm, something it decided on its own.

ngineer wrote:

Does the algorithm aim to resolve the melody at points or is it kind of following genetic algorith/ML stuff?

I'll probably never use ML for this one and the melodic algorithm isn't implemented yet, so it's all just coincidental.

January 27, 2020 6:07 am

like

January 27, 2020 8:51 pm

I like how it mellows out tempo-wise to wrap things up. For some reason my brain was expecting one last Sol at the end!

January 27, 2020 10:05 pm

The fast beat gives this one a nice energy, but I agree the slow-down at the end is pretty cool.

January 28, 2020 11:34 pm

Nice rhythm ties it together more this week.  Good tempo wind down ending as well.

January 29, 2020 11:47 pm

"AHOY!  IT IS I!  FEADIP SHUSHOY!"

January 29, 2020 11:48 pm
Devieus wrote:

The skeleton is important yo.

Just LOLed so hard

January 30, 2020 3:06 pm

like it!!

January 30, 2020 8:45 pm

Nice! Even you don't changed to much... this time it got a nice retro game feeling.
Mentioned already a few times... but i have to repeat the slow down at the end is cool!

January 30, 2020 10:05 pm
franky wrote:

like

Comment.

Gab Manette wrote:

I like how it mellows out tempo-wise to wrap things up. For some reason my brain was expecting one last Sol at the end!

This one'll leave you in the cold when you least expect it.

CosmicCairns wrote:

The fast beat gives this one a nice energy, but I agree the slow-down at the end is pretty cool.

Thanks, I added it myself. I'll see about adding it in the generator though, it seems to become a signature thing.

NWSPR wrote:

Nice rhythm ties it together more this week. Good tempo wind down ending as well.

The higher tempo makes it seem more coherent than it actually is, it's a trick.

orangedrink wrote:

"AHOY!  IT IS I!  FEADIP SHUSHOY!"

Avast!
Clearly my name generator is doing its job just fine. If you ever need a name, hmu.

orangedrink wrote:
Devieus wrote:

The skeleton is important yo.

Just LOLed so hard

Not sure what to make of that, I guess I'll go with glad.

zyuuziro wrote:

like it!!

Great!! Good to hear.

theGuen wrote:

Nice! Even you don't changed to much... this time it got a nice retro game feeling.
Mentioned already a few times... but i have to repeat the slow down at the end is cool!

Yea, I think I'll automate it this week. I think the feel is due to the high tempo, so I'll double section lengths so the tempo can be less restrained.

January 30, 2020 11:42 pm

It does well for itself!

January 31, 2020 8:23 pm
miraclemiles wrote:

It does well for itself!

Not yet it don't, I still have to interfere.

February 2, 2020 11:46 am

I noticed the use of reverb as a new addition to your music. like it. this one is short but almost perfect.

February 2, 2020 6:59 pm

Cool track, I love the last note for some reason.

February 2, 2020 9:24 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

I noticed the use of reverb as a new addition to your music. like it. this one is short but almost perfect.

Oh it's been around there for a long time, it's just that the generator picks the type of reverb now and the options are of very mixed utility.

Sodabelly wrote:

Cool track, I love the last note for some reason.

Thanks, it seems the generator likes making a send-off. It's more of a bug than a feature though, one that basically causes a negative transition duration, but I can maybe use it as a sort of L-cut transition at some point.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up