Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Boss Bass

By Devieus on November 25, 2018 11:02 am

This week I wanted my melodica to be somewhat more in the background and focus a little more on the bass. Which I suppose I managed, and in the process made one of the most involved songs this year, being of reasonable length and with reasonable amounts of instruments.

The only thing I'd improve upon is making the ending a little longer. But in contrast, the melodica part is going great this time, doing exactly as it should.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
November 26, 2018 4:23 pm

That's one sweet opening arp line.   I especially enjoyed when it kick started back up after the melodica and got a bit fuzzy.  I just finished watching the first season of Kidding and this reminded me of some of the music in it.  This is def one of my favs this year, nice work!

November 26, 2018 8:53 pm

Quite boss! Great melodica part, I'd love to hear this track while playing a bullet-hell shooter, it's got that nice tension build up!

November 27, 2018 1:05 am

I agree the return of the arps at the end was very nice.  And excellent melodica work.

November 27, 2018 11:26 am
Tone Matrix wrote:

That's one sweet opening arp line. I especially enjoyed when it kick started back up after the melodica and got a bit fuzzy.  I just finished watching the first season of Kidding and this reminded me of some of the music in it.  This is def one of my favs this year, nice work!

Thanks! That arp was supposed to be a bass line, but it just blurs into an arp obviously.

The encore at the end was very much necessary, thought a bit short.

Gab Manette wrote:

Quite boss! Great melodica part, I'd love to hear this track while playing a bullet-hell shooter, it's got that nice tension build up!

I'm sure that can be arranged.

The melodica felt quite natural, I'm glad it came out the way it did.

CosmicCairns wrote:

I agree the return of the arps at the end was very nice.  And excellent melodica work.

Thank you. Definitely the two things going here, the boss and the bass.

November 27, 2018 2:18 pm
Devieus wrote:


Gab Manette wrote:

Quite boss! Great melodica part, I'd love to hear this track while playing a bullet-hell shooter, it's got that nice tension build up!

I'm sure that can be arranged.

I actually fired up Monolith for a Chaos run last night and played your track while doing so smile Good times were had!

November 27, 2018 2:44 pm
Gab Manette wrote:
Devieus wrote:


Gab Manette wrote:

Quite boss! Great melodica part, I'd love to hear this track while playing a bullet-hell shooter, it's got that nice tension build up!

I'm sure that can be arranged.

I actually fired up Monolith for a Chaos run last night and played your track while doing so smile Good times were had!

Nice. Maybe I'll give it a try.

November 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Driving — the melodica adds just the right amount of mellow.

December 1, 2018 8:31 pm

December 2, 2018 3:07 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Driving — the melodica adds just the right amount of mellow.

Gotta play it mellow, it's not great when doing it any other way.

kaedo sevaada wrote:

Someone's feeling it.

December 3, 2018 9:39 pm

Those chimes riffing at the beginning and end are pretty awesome. Strong outro too. But the melodica refuses to take a second seat to anyone and becomes the lead instrument. Nicely played. 

December 4, 2018 7:56 am
NWSPR wrote:

Those chimes riffing at the beginning and end are pretty awesome. Strong outro too. But the melodica refuses to take a second seat to anyone and becomes the lead instrument. Nicely played.

It does, but secretly it's all about the bass anyway.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up