Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

sealed to me

By demonzor on April 12, 2020 10:21 pm

decided to record a cover of an unreleased song called Sealed to Me by the band Brand New.  There's a few youtube versions out there of live audio and videos, but I've never found or even know of a studio version of this song.  I haven't found a version with drums or bass in it either, but decided to add some to give it my own spin.  enjoy!   

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
April 13, 2020 12:16 am

Your voice sounds good here. You could have upped them a bit, but they fit perfectly. I'm a fan of the drums as well!

April 13, 2020 12:29 am

Very nice vocal, I have to agree with Jokinen. Guitars are super cool, did you use the same guitar signal in parrallel with a distorted one mixed very far in the mix at the beginning then do a cross fade at the end? very cool.

April 13, 2020 1:13 am

This is your tone dude! Wow! Very nice!

April 13, 2020 2:37 am

Dude, awesome vocals!  This sounds great.  This has such a 90s surfer rock vibe to it, really nostalgic for me.  Great performance and production man, I’ll have to check out the original song.

April 13, 2020 12:56 pm

yes, I agree, a beautiful 90ies nostalgic trip is going on in here. thumb up.

April 13, 2020 4:34 pm

super satisfying guitar

April 13, 2020 4:35 pm

love the guitar tone man.  agree with @Chrisfoo: great performance and production.  cool to have a recording after hearing the live version a few times™

April 13, 2020 7:09 pm

Hell yea. Everyone is getting nostalgic vibes, as am I, but for different reasons. KDS always had such Brand New influences in it. I always loved your original tunes. You, Memo, Matt could put yourself in any Brand New song and just belong. Haha. Brand New would be proud.

April 13, 2020 10:26 pm
Jokinen wrote:

Your voice sounds good here. You could have upped them a bit, but they fit perfectly. I'm a fan of the drums as well!

  thanks bud, and noted for if i end up taking this track further.

djippy wrote:

Very nice vocal, I have to agree with Jokinen. Guitars are super cool, did you use the same guitar signal in parrallel with a distorted one mixed very far in the mix at the beginning then do a cross fade at the end? very cool.

  haha this legit made me laugh out loud because I didnt intend to do it in the first place but ended up going that route!  long story short, u/coreytrevor has been getting me more into the mastering side of recording...so i was trying to have my levels stay pretty consistant thruout the track.  when it came down to the drums and distortion coming in, everything was just too loud.  at the end of the day, i ended up fading the first guitar down before the distortion came in, and by that time, it had just turned into fading the clean out and fading the dist in.  but essentially, yes.  parallels as well.  i also paralleled my vocals and started the second one with a diff. reverb a few ticks after the original vox, and i think it turned out okay.  a lot of new stuff in this song for me to experiment with, but i think it will help me in the long run.


Joelfern808 wrote:

This is your tone dude! Wow! Very nice!

Chrisfoo wrote:

Dude, awesome vocals!  This sounds great.  This has such a 90s surfer rock vibe to it, really nostalgic for me.  Great performance and production man, I’ll have to check out the original song.

Q-Rosh wrote:

yes, I agree, a beautiful 90ies nostalgic trip is going on in here. thumb up.

onidavin wrote:

super satisfying guitar

coreytrev0r wrote:

love the guitar tone man.  agree with @Chrisfoo: great performance and production.  cool to have a recording after hearing the live version a few times™

Saucey-dough wrote:

Hell yea. Everyone is getting nostalgic vibes, as am I, but for different reasons. KDS always had such Brand New influences in it. I always loved your original tunes. You, Memo, Matt could put yourself in any Brand New song and just belong. Haha. Brand New would be proud.


April 13, 2020 10:28 pm
Joelfern808 wrote:

This is your tone dude! Wow! Very nice!

Chrisfoo wrote:

Dude, awesome vocals!  This sounds great.  This has such a 90s surfer rock vibe to it, really nostalgic for me.  Great performance and production man, I’ll have to check out the original song.

  theres two versions of the live original ive found floating around youtube, one where he basically sings it like me here, and one where he scream/yells the second half of the song (which i tried to do but couldnt really hit the notes with my limited time left on sunday)

Q-Rosh wrote:

yes, I agree, a beautiful 90ies nostalgic trip is going on in here. thumb up.

onidavin wrote:

super satisfying guitar

coreytrev0r wrote:

love the guitar tone man.  agree with @Chrisfoo: great performance and production.  cool to have a recording after hearing the live version a few times™

Saucey-dough wrote:

Hell yea. Everyone is getting nostalgic vibes, as am I, but for different reasons. KDS always had such Brand New influences in it. I always loved your original tunes. You, Memo, Matt could put yourself in any Brand New song and just belong. Haha. Brand New would be proud.

  hell yeah thanks bud.  makes me miss the days when wed all play gyms, coffee houses, and churches. 

thanks for the kind feedback yall, i really enjoyed making this one.

April 18, 2020 11:37 am

This is great, starts out nice and mellow, then kicks off. Amazing stuff.

April 18, 2020 4:37 pm

Great vocals! The texture of your voice goes really nicely with that guitar, such a great combo.

April 19, 2020 10:39 pm

perfect, man. this is the official recorded version of this song in my book

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up