WeeklyBeats.com / Music / demonzor's music / hartes on a wednesday

hartes on a wednesday

By demonzor on February 16, 2020 11:48 pm

I tried some raspier, guttural vocal techniques for this weeks submission.  Its tricky enough for me to stay in key in regular vocal-style songs, so this wasn't any easier.

This bad riders about some of my past work-night/weekday benders.  enjoy.

February 17, 2020 12:42 am

Vocals are really good, reminds me of Baroness. Love the guitars tones too. And damn you can shred. The change of time signature to 6 at the end is a nice touch. Rock on!

February 17, 2020 1:23 am

bruh. I dig! I love the drums. This song slaps hard

February 17, 2020 2:04 am

Wow, this is like beyond weekly beats caliber .. the vocals are so good. The call and answer 'my 9 rides shotgun' style part was spot on. Had to listen 3x in a row. welllll done

February 17, 2020 2:39 am

Sweet dude, so grungy.  There's so many cool riffs in here, I also had to listen a few times to catch everything. That little triplet riff is wild, hard to keep track of the phrasing.

February 17, 2020 3:25 am

Forecheck backcheck paycheck baby

February 17, 2020 1:06 pm

First listen in the car. Pannninnnnggg ganggang

February 17, 2020 7:18 pm

So cool! The overall effect is so gritty. I love how wide those guitars are heart Taking notes here, this is great.

February 19, 2020 12:03 am

How are your vocal cords feeling this week bro? Haha love this shit. Cant wait to collab on something like this wink. Scream off 2020.

February 20, 2020 11:22 pm
djippy wrote:

Baroness is sweet thanks!  thanks for noticing the time switch, that was first time i tried it properly within the DAW

Jokinen wrote:

bruh. I dig! I love the drums. This song slaps hard

thanks bud

mikememo wrote:

thanks mike.  i think i subconsciously knew BN had a callback but couldnt put my finger on which song.  maybe ill work on it more and make it a full song!

Chrisfoo wrote:

thanks foo!  im a big fan of trying little phrases like that...its a pretty simple one too.  after each triplet, the pattern to follow goes by: 1....2.....3....2.  im not at all versed in theory or anything so when i try little stuff like that i think its pretty cool if i pull it off alright.  like a pitcher throwing a knuckleball

coreytrev0r wrote:

Damn dude, I knew the second I heard the guitar tone that this was gonna be a banger.  Fuckin' great work all around on this one.  I agree with everyone else: great vocals, great guitar, great track.  thanks! 1 i showed you this one in an early stage, then i watched you mix for a bit, and picked up some key little tricks to do, and it really helped in this track.  that was a fun learning session, weve gotta watch each other work our FL magic more often

Forecheck backcheck paycheck baby

Jokinen wrote:

First listen in the car. Pannninnnnggg ganggang

ganggang

hieme wrote:

So cool! The overall effect is so gritty. I love how wide those guitars are <3 Taking notes here, this is great.

thanks bud,  i honestly thought i used a bit too many rhythm tracks, but i have them doing different parts and panned differently, so im glad you liked how it turned out.  this was a bit outside the box for me.

Saucey-dough wrote:

honestly, i started this a week before on a monday while i was coming down with a cold, nailed the beginning, then got really sick, so had to put it in the pocket for a few days.  im getting a bit used to these sort of guttural yells.  its a little tough on the pipes but not nearly as bad as running track after track of full on metal screaming.   id love to have a two man scream/yell song. bring those 2005 gang vox back

February 23, 2020 8:11 pm

Man, those guitars!! It's been mentioned but I also really liked the panning on the vocals, the whole track is full of those little quality details that make it shine smile Well done!