Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Fallout

By danju on October 25, 2020 7:31 pm

Just cranking them out

Lyrics:
When did you fall out of place?
Cause it felt right just to have you right here
And no one could’ve taken your space
If you loved me, would you come right back again?
Or have you changed?
Tell me what you meant to say
Have you already found enough
Or are you falling out of love
With me?

Oh Can I change your mind?
If you’d let me try to..
Or maybe you think it’s time...

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
October 26, 2020 1:19 am

Smooth as butter.  Very nice.

October 26, 2020 2:59 am

This really nice, man. Love the way you sing; it really brings the lyrics to life. Wish I could make stuff like this!

October 27, 2020 5:39 pm

Great job man. You've got such a damn silky voice. So good. Out of curiosity... How do you go about writing vocal melodies? Is it just what you feel? Do you write vocal melodies first, then add the words? This topic was one of my big goals of WBs this year and Ive obviously procrastinated with making Simpsons Lo Fi Beats and other ish. Haha. I could always write lyrics, it was a matter of making them sound catchy etc. that I have always struggled with.

October 29, 2020 8:33 pm

Is that you singing???? This is so gooood though. I absolutely love the soft piano, really great job!

November 2, 2020 12:28 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

Smooth as butter.  Very nice.

hent03 wrote:

This really nice, man. Love the way you sing; it really brings the lyrics to life. Wish I could make stuff like this!

Thanks guys! Really appreciate the listen!



hieme wrote:

Is that you singing???? This is so gooood though. I absolutely love the soft piano, really great job!


Yes sir it is!


Saucey-dough wrote:

Great job man. You've got such a damn silky voice. So good. Out of curiosity... How do you go about writing vocal melodies? Is it just what you feel? Do you write vocal melodies first, then add the words? This topic was one of my big goals of WBs this year and Ive obviously procrastinated with making Simpsons Lo Fi Beats and other ish. Haha. I could always write lyrics, it was a matter of making them sound catchy etc. that I have always struggled with.


I'm still new to making vocal melodies as well. What I do is just run the main instrumental loop over and over and just hum/sing fake words until I get a melody I like. Then I try to fill it with actual words (To me thats the hardest part)

I always try to just listen to other songs that I want to draw some influence from to get some kind of basis to start with too.

November 5, 2020 10:34 pm

Wow, great vocal performance. Great vocal mix and production too. Worked well on those chords too, start of something big here. I don't really sing well but I do vocalish kind of spoken things or whatever, and I do the same thing, just play the music for a long time, and vocalize giberish, then words come sometimes, or I just have some fun gibberish.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up