Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Yukon Jones

By CosmicCairns on April 3, 2018 1:16 am

I was feeling a little under the weather this week, so I thought I'd keep things relatively simple.  I started with a couple of short melodic lines and then mashed them together forwards backwards, and every which way just to see what would happen.  Added some bass and some bloopy sounds and called it a day.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
April 9, 2018 12:39 am

Yeah, the melodies are extremely elusive, hovering right on the verge (if that makes any sense). Faved.

April 9, 2018 2:07 am

Love the bloopy bro... next time, more bloopy! Get well soon smile tongue

April 9, 2018 5:28 pm

Get well soon!
Good melodies to keep the mood up!

April 9, 2018 8:40 pm

Get well soon, CC. This is beautiful. It has an "underwater" feeling. I can see happy fishes swimming and gurgeling lovesongs.

April 9, 2018 11:33 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Yeah, the melodies are extremely elusive, hovering right on the verge (if that makes any sense). Faved.

  Thanks!  It does make sense to me.



Podling wrote:

Love the bloopy bro... next time, more bloopy! Get well soon smile tongue

  I like that bloopy sound too.  It will have to make a comeback for sure.



theGuen wrote:

Get well soon!
Good melodies to keep the mood up!

  Thanks!  Already feeling much better.



Q-Rosh wrote:

Get well soon, CC. This is beautiful. It has an "underwater" feeling. I can see happy fishes swimming and gurgeling lovesongs.

  Thanks!  Yeah I can see that underwater thing.  That's a vibe I always kind of enjoy actually.

April 10, 2018 1:07 am

I love your slow build jams. and i like those bloops. feel better buddy

April 10, 2018 11:17 pm

Nice! Dig this beat and how song builds into the big sparkly underwater adventure. I could see that as cool soundtrack to some floating scene.

April 11, 2018 9:26 pm
miraclemiles wrote:

Nice! Dig this beat and how song builds into the big sparkly underwater adventure. I could see that as cool soundtrack to some floating scene.

  Gotta love the bloops.  And the bleeps as well.  Feeling much better!



miraclemiles wrote:

Nice! Dig this beat and how song builds into the big sparkly underwater adventure. I could see that as cool soundtrack to some floating scene.

  Yeah, soundtrack to a floating scene.  I see it!

April 12, 2018 6:33 am

Nice palette of sounds. Hope you feel better next week smile

April 12, 2018 4:10 pm

The bassline comes together nicely with the strings and bells.  Hope you're feeling better!

April 13, 2018 7:04 am

Sometimes that's all you need.

April 15, 2018 11:55 am

A wonderfully plaintive mood. This is really enjoyable.

April 15, 2018 8:25 pm
Avarine wrote:

Nice palette of sounds. Hope you feel better next week smile

  Thanks for listening!  I do feel better.



Tone Matrix wrote:

The bassline comes together nicely with the strings and bells.  Hope you're feeling better!

  Thanks!  I kept it simple, but I did think the bassline ended up working well.



Devieus wrote:

Sometimes that's all you need.

  Agreed.  It's tempting (and fun) to go completely overboard sometimes, but it certainly isn't always necessary.



Ryan wrote:

A wonderfully plaintive mood. This is really enjoyable.

  Thanks!  I cranked it out while not feeling super great, so glad to hear it works!

April 22, 2018 11:59 pm

Altogether very laid back and a bit trippy at times. Great horn lines.

April 23, 2018 3:15 am
NWSPR wrote:

Altogether very laid back and a bit trippy at times. Great horn lines.

  Hey thanks!  I appreciate it.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up