WeeklyBeats.com / Music / CosmicCairns's music / Your Brother Screaming at a Random Old Dude in the Parking Lot

Your Brother Screaming at a Random Old Dude in the Parking Lot

By CosmicCairns on September 4, 2018 8:09 pm

I've come to realize that every family seems to have at least one weirdo or crazy person in it.  In my girlfriend's case it's her brother.  He's done many crazy/annoying/cringe-worthy things over the years and this is just one example.  We recently went to celebrate his 41st birthday at a restaurant along with their parents.  Everything was going fine and then just before it was time to pay the bill he excused himself because he needed to smoke and said he'd meet us outside.  So we go out and at first he's nowhere in sight and then I spot him all the way across this rather large parking lot with his face inches away from this older gentleman's face and screaming at the top of his lungs.  They were slowly making their way towards us and eventually we gathered that he had somehow suffered some sort of perceived insult from this old guy and his response was to continuously yell at top volume in the guy's face.  Honestly, the older fellow showed remarkable restraint.  He wasn't yelling back and he didn't punch him, which he probably deserved.  I mean, this guy wasn't like 90, he looked to be in reasonable shape actually but he probably had at least 20 years on my girlfriend's crazy brother.  At any rate her mom finally was able to drag him away long enough to get him into the car although he hadn't stopped screaming.  Way to celebrate your birthday, dude.  We were in a separate car so we kind of just left without saying goodbye.  The whole situation was weird, confusing, awkward, and honestly pretty embarrassing.  So that's sort of the vibe I wanted to capture when I went into this track.  Not an exact re-telling of the story but the feeling of awkward confusion and embarrassment.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

September 10, 2018 2:04 pm

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate turn of events; On the other hand it yields quite the intense track! Makes me think of certain moments in Ren & Stimpy and the song Coc'n Rolla by Begnagrad. I love the different types of screams that went into it smile

September 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Way to channel the adrenaline: just the right amount of inchoate chaos.

September 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Ah, family time. Always special new discoveries to be made. This track seems to capture the confusion and misdirected anger. If you only have one crazy person in your family, consider yourself fortunate. If you have no crazy people in your family it could be you.

I like the electronic tinkly elements under the total primal chaos. The sounds of schizophrenia unleashed on a petting zoo.

September 10, 2018 9:08 pm

Ha, wow. You captured the crazy with this track, that's for sure!

September 10, 2018 10:41 pm
Gab Manette wrote:

Unfortunate turns of events are kind of par for the course with him.  And yes, I figured if he was going to create an awkward situation I'd at least use it as a springboard for inspiration for something.  I'm not familiar with Begnagrad.  I will have to check that out.

Jim Wood wrote:

Way to channel the adrenaline: just the right amount of inchoate chaos.

Thanks!  It kind of was channeling adrenaline in a different direction.

NWSPR wrote:

Yeah we definitely know who the crazy one is.  smile  Yeah the electronic elements were there to sort of provide some sense of stability amidst the chaos.  They were sort of a starting point to continuously bounce wildly away from.

mikememo wrote:

Ha, wow. You captured the crazy with this track, that's for sure!

Thanks!  Nothing could quite replicate the real experience, but it was fun to try!

September 10, 2018 10:44 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

I'm not familiar with Begnagrad.  I will have to check that out.

I honestly only know that one song from them. Heard it through a completely bonkers Garfield video and grew attached to it from there, worth a listen smile

September 10, 2018 11:11 pm
Gab Manette wrote:
CosmicCairns wrote:

I'm not familiar with Begnagrad.  I will have to check that out.

I just watched a video of a live performance.  Yeah, that's pretty nutty.  I'll have to see if I can find the Garfield one.  Thanks for sharing!

September 10, 2018 11:19 pm

Yes, good channeling! I found this more fun to listen to than I would being around a person like that. Yikes, sounds awkward indeed.

September 11, 2018 12:32 am
miraclemiles wrote:

Yeah he's most definitely not very fun to be around a lot of the time.  He doesn't usually go around starting fights with strangers but he is often pretty aggressively annoying.  Thanks for listening!

September 11, 2018 3:11 am

oh my word!  nailed it!

September 11, 2018 4:20 pm
kaedo sevaada wrote:

oh my word!  nailed it!

Heh.  Thanks!

September 11, 2018 9:29 pm

SO AWKWARD.

My condolences to your gf.  You are right.  There is one in every family.  Uh oh, I think I'm the one in mine!  tongue

The screaming and the angry Donald Duck are the highlights of this track.

September 11, 2018 11:27 pm
orangedrink wrote:

SO AWKWARD.

The screaming and the angry Donald Duck are the highlights of this track.

Yeah and unfortunately he's her only sibling so she kind of got gypped in that department.  Thanks.  I added that because he sort of reminded me of Donald Duck having a tantrum.

September 11, 2018 11:42 pm

So did anyone ever find out what it was all over?

September 11, 2018 11:51 pm
orangedrink wrote:

So did anyone ever find out what it was all over?

Her brother claimed he saw the guy back into their parents car, which the guy denied, and there was no physical damage to their car.  He apparently then confronted the guy who basically told him to shove it, and allegedly called him "boy," which I guess is what sent him into total flip-out mode because he felt he had been disrespected.  I don't know for sure what happened.  I only saw the aftermath.

September 12, 2018 12:02 am

(pun intended)

Oh, brother!

September 12, 2018 1:44 am
orangedrink wrote:

(pun intended)

Oh, brother!

LOL  smile

September 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Interesting textures and chaotic rhythms yikes  I definitely can relate to the family dramas.  Were the screams from you or found online?  They pretty much sum up my feelings when I can't find a chord progression I like tongue  Nice work!

September 17, 2018 6:36 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

I did a few screams and then multi-tracked them to give them a bit more "oomph," but yeah, no samples on this one.  Thanks for listening!

September 23, 2018 9:34 pm

A perfect soundtrack for the back story. Just the right amount of crazy to make for a great listen.

September 24, 2018 1:39 am
Plantrain wrote:

Thanks.  I definitely wanted crazy, but I also didn't want it to just be chaotic noise.  So I tried to have a few slightly normal aspects to come back to.  smile