Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / CosmicCairns's music / Under the Shadows of the Rings of Neptune

Under the Shadows of the Rings of Neptune

By CosmicCairns on May 5, 2018 12:38 am

I was out of town on vacation for most of this week.  Got back and hammered out this little spacey instrumental thing with some synths, bass, and electric guitar.  It flowed out really well.  I hope you like it!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
May 7, 2018 4:12 am

The title really sells it!  Some surreal sunset relaxing space zone out jam.

May 7, 2018 5:39 am

Lovely little drift away tune. Great title. 11/10

May 7, 2018 8:40 am

it must have been a relaxing time on vacation. I remember more stressier tones from your account. I am looking forward to go on holiday soon, need to come down too.

May 7, 2018 9:08 am

Yeah very relaxing vibe on this smile Dig it!
Where do you spend your vacations?

I could imagine it was a place like this


May 7, 2018 5:14 pm

Vacation been good to you ::)

May 7, 2018 5:56 pm

You sound relaxed! I'm a sucker for strings and a pretty melody. Guitar brings it home. Well done!

May 7, 2018 9:48 pm

Lovely, mellow groove my man. Keep it up.

On an unrelated note, have you seen the pictures of what it would look like on Earth if it had rings?

May 8, 2018 12:07 am
orangedrink wrote:

The title really sells it!  Some surreal sunset relaxing space zone out jam.

  Thanks!  The title seemed fitting somehow to me.



Podling wrote:

Lovely little drift away tune. Great title. 11/10

  Thanks and hope you had some good drifting!



Q-Rosh wrote:

it must have been a relaxing time on vacation. I remember more stressier tones from your account. I am looking forward to go on holiday soon, need to come down too.

  Yeah it was a much needed break from the grind.  Have fun on your upcoming holiday!



theGuen wrote:

Yeah very relaxing vibe on this smile Dig it!
Where do you spend your vacations?

I could imagine it was a place like this

  We stayed in a place right on the beach in Laguna Beach, California.  It was very nice.  Some of the views of the ocean at night sort of looked a little bit like that.





Jim Wood wrote:

Vacation been good to you ::)

  Thanks!  It was much needed.



NWSPR wrote:

You sound relaxed! I'm a sucker for strings and a pretty melody. Guitar brings it home. Well done!

  Thanks!  I'm a sucker for strings and a pretty melody, too!



Devieus wrote:

Lovely, mellow groove my man. Keep it up.

On an unrelated note, have you seen the pictures of what it would look like on Earth if it had rings?

  Thank you!  And that's a super cool picture.

May 8, 2018 12:31 am
Devieus wrote:

On an unrelated note, have you seen the pictures of what it would look like on Earth if it had rings?

Wow, that is amazing.  Never thought of that.  Some places would really get screwed on sunlight then, huh?

May 8, 2018 7:02 am
orangedrink wrote:
Devieus wrote:

On an unrelated note, have you seen the pictures of what it would look like on Earth if it had rings?

Wow, that is amazing.  Never thought of that.  Some places would really get screwed on sunlight then, huh?


If it were to happen overnight, yea. Though the Earth would have had rings longer than humans would exist, so we'd grow up with it. That is, unless it was done artificially, then it would get a bit messy.

May 8, 2018 9:17 am
Devieus wrote:

unless it was done artificially, then it would get a bit messy.

Hey man, give me a call tomorrow, 11:30pm, Ring Time wink

May 10, 2018 1:07 am

Thanks for the nice chillout tune.

On the subject of Earth having rings - would be pretty but also I think it would mean a lot more of meteor hits as the stuff that makes up the rings falls to the ground.

May 10, 2018 3:05 am

sweet jam.

May 10, 2018 9:07 am

This one sure is cosmic!

May 11, 2018 1:12 am
thawkins wrote:

Thanks for the nice chillout tune.

On the subject of Earth having rings - would be pretty but also I think it would mean a lot more of meteor hits as the stuff that makes up the rings falls to the ground.

  Thank you for listening!  And yeah, rings would be cool but I'm sure they would alter our lives a lot!



cfurrow wrote:

sweet jam.

  Thanks, man!



Avarine wrote:

This one sure is cosmic!

  Living up to my username  smile

May 13, 2018 1:14 pm

A good melody is hard to find but you found one this week.

May 13, 2018 8:26 pm
Ryan wrote:

A good melody is hard to find but you found one this week.

  Thanks!  I just kind of felt this one out this week as I was making it up.  I think I've got a couple more good melody ideas up my sleeve for later this year though.  smile

May 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Lovely sounding strings that really bring the track together with the beat and piano/guitar line.  Nice!

May 16, 2018 8:13 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

Lovely sounding strings that really bring the track together with the beat and piano/guitar line.  Nice!

  Thanks.  It did feel like everything came together really well.  It's nice when that happens.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up