WeeklyBeats.com / Music / CosmicCairns's music / The Rain Falls Backwards Like Souls Ascending To Heaven

The Rain Falls Backwards Like Souls Ascending To Heaven

By CosmicCairns on January 9, 2018 10:09 pm

It's been pretty rainy around here the past few days and as I was looking at it out my window I just suddenly had an image of the rain falling up into the sky instead of down on the ground.  Thus I threw together this little song.  All guitars are acoustic but run through various effects.  Except the bass.  That's a normal bass.  And of course I couldn't not have a few backwards sounds.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

January 15, 2018 4:49 am

Epic track title.  Great vocals and strong background chorus!  I always love reversed sounds, so you had me there.  What is that hammer dulcimer type thing?

January 15, 2018 5:19 am
orangedrink wrote:

Thanks!  I'm a sucker for reversed sounds too and use them fairly frequently just because I think they sound cool and also I'm always wondering what things would sound like backwards.  The percussive sounds were done by doing some finger drumming on my acoustic guitar.  Everything else was done as mentioned by running the same acoustic guitar through some effects pedals.

January 15, 2018 5:21 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

finger drumming on my acoustic guitar.

Sounded great!

January 15, 2018 11:19 am

Man you always make me smile... even on the coldest winterdays you bring some warmth wink

January 15, 2018 11:24 am

Very nice song. Love your singing. Very much sixties, beauitiful, peaceful.
Great guitars. I love reverse effects too!! Next time it‘s gonna rain here, I will think of you.

January 15, 2018 11:53 am

The Beach Boys and Olivia Tremor Control called and...nice tune.

January 15, 2018 4:18 pm

Lovely, dude! Maybe everything will be alright after all??

January 15, 2018 8:43 pm

I like how you build so much out of just a few things. Very nice.

January 16, 2018 2:25 am
theGuen wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Q-Rosh wrote:

Very nice song. Love your singing. Very much sixties, beauitiful, peaceful.

I do like me some 60's music as well as rainy day songs.  smile

Nestrogen wrote:

The Beach Boys and Olivia Tremor Control called and...nice tune.

Thanks!  As a fan of both of those bands I will take that as a compliment!

cfurrow wrote:

Lovely, dude! Maybe everything will be alright after all??

Let's hope so!

E-dub wrote:

I like how you build so much out of just a few things. Very nice.

It's always tempting to keep piling things on, but I also think there's something to be said for getting as much as you can out of a few elements.

January 16, 2018 1:06 pm

That's not how gravity works, but it would be neat.

January 16, 2018 6:56 pm
Devieus wrote:

That's not how gravity works, but it would be neat.

Yeah, gravity is always ruining the fun, but I thought it was a cool image nonetheless.

January 17, 2018 1:11 am

Yes, amazing title! Backwards rain is a fun image to think about. Lovely melody and harmonizing. I like those backwards sounds and other mysterious and sprinkly rain-like textures sprinkled around and toward the end.

January 17, 2018 4:17 am

Cool concept, I love the backwards sounds.

January 17, 2018 7:41 am

Totally dig it. Such a playful vibe, makes me wanna dance like a hippy in a field of daisies… (if the gif don’t work, copy/paste the link)

January 17, 2018 6:32 pm
miraclemiles wrote:

Thanks!  It was sort of a happy accident, but I did think some of those textures managed to evoke rain a little bit.

Avarine wrote:

Cool concept, I love the backwards sounds.

Thanks for listening!  The backwards stuff is fun sometimes for sure.

Podling wrote:

That is an awesome gif and totally appropriate!

January 18, 2018 6:48 pm

A nice dreamy laid back track that would fit perfect for those sun shower moments smile

January 19, 2018 1:07 am
Tone Matrix wrote:

Thanks!  Dreamy and laid back are nice adjectives indeed.

January 28, 2018 10:25 pm

I had to come back to this...I've played this for multiple friends and they all dig it. smile

January 28, 2018 11:01 pm
cfurrow wrote:

Hey that's awesome to hear.  And thanks for sharing!  I've tried to push your stuff on various people over the years, too.  smile