WeeklyBeats.com / Music / CosmicCairns's music / Sun Sinking into the Ocean

Sun Sinking into the Ocean

By CosmicCairns on November 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Now that I've had a chance to recuperate a bit from my long flight back from Maui I wanted to pay tribute to it a little more.  Maui is a truly beautiful place with ridiculously gorgeous scenery everywhere.  The temperature of the ocean was absolutely perfect and I got to do a lot of awesome activities like snorkeling, parasailing, zip-lining, and I got to see lots of cool fish and birds.  At one point we were on a boat in the middle of a huge dolphin pod and they were swimming right along with us and jumping out of the water.  Really incredible stuff.  We sat through a not-so-pleasant timeshare presentation to enable us to do a bunch of the stuff.  That was the low-light of the trip, but it was worth it for the cool activities.

So I knew I had an old cheap ukulele somewhere in my collection of musical instruments.  I dug it out and wrote this little ode to my trip, trying to include details of some of the stuff that I did there.  It's unfortunately back to the grind of reality now, but it was a really, really awesome vacation.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

November 19, 2018 1:35 am

A wonderful synopsis (complete with bathtub waterfall?).

November 19, 2018 2:14 am
Jim Wood wrote:

A wonderful synopsis (complete with bathtub waterfall?).

It's actually a recording I made on my phone of the ocean.  We were at this lava rock beach and the water made this amazing crackling sound as the waves rolled out.  The phone recording doesn't even come close to doing it justice, but I figured I'd include it anyway.

November 19, 2018 4:12 am

Wow lucky you.. ... double rainbowwwww!!!! Lovely little diddy

November 19, 2018 8:54 pm
Podling wrote:

Wow lucky you.. ... double rainbowwwww!!!! Lovely little diddy

Yeah I thought of that silly video, but it was cool to see a double rainbow anyway.  I may have teared up a little...

November 19, 2018 10:14 pm

This is really beautiful.  Really takes me to Maui.  I think the Uke is the perfect instrument to get that island vibe, as it is Hawaiian!

November 19, 2018 10:53 pm

A lovely musical holiday memory. And a cool track, I've never been to Maui but now I know what it sounds like to me.

November 20, 2018 12:29 am

Made me want to go there, sounds like you had amazing time, I could picture it well as I listened to this. Pod of dolphins !!!! (๑°o°๑)

November 20, 2018 3:26 pm

Aaaah, warms my bones on this chilly morning heart Sounds like you had a wonderful trip, a fitting homage by all accounts smile

November 20, 2018 3:27 pm

So tell me about that time share.

November 20, 2018 8:05 pm

fantastic song with what sounds like sweet memories!

November 20, 2018 8:17 pm
orangedrink wrote:

Yeah nothing quite says "Hawaii" like a ukulele, that's for sure.

Plantrain wrote:

It was my first time going.  I would definitely recommend it!

November 20, 2018 8:18 pm
miraclemiles wrote:

The dolphin pod was super cool.  I've never seen so many up close out in the wild.

Gab Manette wrote:

Aaaah, warms my bones on this chilly morning <3 Sounds like you had a wonderful trip, a fitting homage by all accounts smile

It was very nice and a good escape into warm weather...

November 20, 2018 8:26 pm
Devieus wrote:

So tell me about that time share.

We had to endure 2 hours of getting the hard sell.  I knew there was no way in heck I was buying one, but we had to act a little interested so they would give us the activities.  They wanted me to drop down $93,000 right there, which is a wee bit out of my price range.  That said they also march you up and show you their best room which is on top of a high rise with an absolutely gorgeous view of the ocean and two neighboring islands.  It would be a sweet gig, if I were in the market for that sort of thing.  Too bad my lottery ticket didn't hit on that 1.6 billion jackpot a month ago.

cfurrow wrote:

fantastic song with what sounds like sweet memories!

Thanks!  It was probably one of the best trips I've ever taken.

November 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Love the sound of the beach, lapping water that book end the song. I can really picture the sun setting over the ocean from my desk in Brooklyn. All I need is a Mai Tai and some hula girls. Good musical painting and story telling.

November 21, 2018 12:02 pm

I guess you paid the penultimate prize for this piece of music.

November 22, 2018 8:00 am

the power of relaxation really comes thru in this... very sun-setting as others have noted too. Laid-back in the very positive way smile

November 24, 2018 3:11 am
NWSPR wrote:

Thanks.  Yes, a good Mai Tai would hit the spot.

Devieus wrote:

I guess you paid the penultimate prize for this piece of music.

I hope it was worth it!

Ashen Simian wrote:

Relaxation is a very good power indeed.  Thanks!

November 25, 2018 11:06 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:
Podling wrote:

Wow lucky you.. ... double rainbowwwww!!!! Lovely little diddy

Aww lovely... beautiful stuff smile

November 26, 2018 3:37 pm

The Uke perfectly paints your picture of Maui.  The vocal harmonies are suhweet too.  Time for a drink on a hammock smile

November 27, 2018 1:08 am
Podling wrote:
CosmicCairns wrote:
Podling wrote:

Wow lucky you.. ... double rainbowwwww!!!! Lovely little diddy

Aww lovely... beautiful stuff smile  Thanks!

Tone Matrix wrote:

It's always a good time for a drink on a hammock as far as I'm concerned.  smile

December 1, 2018 8:28 pm

this is so lovely!  double rainbow all the way!!!

December 3, 2018 6:42 pm
kaedo sevaada wrote:

this is so lovely!  double rainbow all the way!!!

Thanks!  Perfect gif, too.