Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / CosmicCairns's music / Painting Without Glasses

Painting Without Glasses

By CosmicCairns on October 30, 2018 9:41 pm

This is the product of another late night inebriated jam session mostly on electric guitar with a little touch of vocal improv at the end.  Looseness and sloppiness reign, although I think there are a few interesting ideas in here. 

I'm going to be in Hawaii this week and might not be able to listen to much WeeklyBeats while I'm gone but I will definitely catch up on everyone's tracks when I get home!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
November 5, 2018 2:05 am

Good haze and relaxed vibes! Have a safe trip!

November 5, 2018 6:46 pm

"Looseness and sloppiness reign"...that' my motto these days. I really enjoyed this sonic ride. Really nice come down with the vocals. Safe travels!

November 5, 2018 9:05 pm

Dreamy. And somewhat psychotic. So it goes without saying, I like it smile Aloha... will we be hearing ukuleles and tiny bubbles next week then?

November 5, 2018 10:13 pm

Definitely got a late-night jam/psychedelic dream sequence feel. Good stuff!
Enjoy your trip to Hawaii!

November 6, 2018 6:17 pm

Good haze. Enjoy, Aloha. +1 request for some Uke and bubbles!

November 9, 2018 11:16 am

So this is what your music's like when you're drunk? It's not super different from the normal stuff that makes metronomes cry.

November 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Feeling those drunken vibes fo sho!  The guitar has a sweet tone to it too.  Hope you had an awesome time in hawaii!

November 11, 2018 6:52 pm
Gab Manette wrote:

Good haze and relaxed vibes! Have a safe trip!

  Thanks!  The trip was awesome!

November 11, 2018 6:53 pm
cfurrow wrote:

"Looseness and sloppiness reign"...that' my motto these days. I really enjoyed this sonic ride. Really nice come down with the vocals. Safe travels!

  It's definitely never a bad motto.  The vocals were kind of an afterthought but glad to hear they work!

November 11, 2018 6:56 pm
NWSPR wrote:

Dreamy. And somewhat psychotic. So it goes without saying, I like it smile Aloha... will we be hearing ukuleles and tiny bubbles next week then?

  Thanks!  I think the psychotic vibe comes from the fact that I kept coming up with more parts I wanted to add... maybe too many, but it sounded awesome in the moment.  I do have an old ukulele somewhere that I may have to bust out and do a Hawaiian-themed sort of song.  I had to throw something together quickly for this upcoming week since I haven't been home much and I was super tired from the trip, but maybe next week I'll get something like that together.

November 11, 2018 6:59 pm
Plantrain wrote:

Definitely got a late-night jam/psychedelic dream sequence feel. Good stuff!
Enjoy your trip to Hawaii!

  Thanks!  I never know exactly what's going to come out of those late night jams, but they are fun!  As was the trip!



miraclemiles wrote:

Good haze. Enjoy, Aloha. +1 request for some Uke and bubbles!

  Thank you!  As mentioned above too little time and energy to do a uke song this week, but will strongly consider it for next week.



Devieus wrote:

So this is what your music's like when you're drunk? It's not super different from the normal stuff that makes metronomes cry.

  Wait, I meant to say I was sober for this one and drunk for all the others... Oops.  smile



Tone Matrix wrote:

Feeling those drunken vibes fo sho!  The guitar has a sweet tone to it too.  Hope you had an awesome time in hawaii!

  Thanks!  I was just picking guitar sounds that sounded awesome to me in the moment.  Can't really remember what they all were now.  Hawaii was super awesome.  Had a total blast.

November 11, 2018 7:50 pm

November 11, 2018 9:01 pm
kaedo sevaada wrote:

  That's quite mesmerizing! 

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up