WeeklyBeats.com / Music / CosmicCairns's music / Oracle of the Wild Woods

Oracle of the Wild Woods

By CosmicCairns on October 6, 2020 10:55 pm

This is a mostly instrumental track I knocked out in an afternoon on synth and guitar.  There's a little bit of wordless vocals as well. No big story behind this one, just kind of getting in the zone and jamming.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

October 12, 2020 12:39 am

That's something we could all use from time to time, especially this year.

October 12, 2020 1:27 am

I could happily listen to more tracks of you just jamming out and exploring ideas. This was really cool.

October 12, 2020 3:50 am

Sick jam dude smile I like the wordless vocals.

October 12, 2020 8:05 am
Devieus wrote:

That's something we could all use from time to time, especially this year.

This year definitely needs it.

hent03 wrote:

Thanks!  Sometimes it's nice to just jam.

Mission Crossing wrote:

Sick jam dude smile I like the wordless vocals.

Thanks!  I do like words, but sometimes I feel like they're just not needed.  Sometimes I think a track is better without them, even if I still like having a vocal sound in there.

October 12, 2020 12:54 pm

Interesting mish mash of ideas. It sounds good to let go and explore whatever idea and inspiration that appears. smile

October 12, 2020 2:59 pm

Cool to hear how you continually evolve your sound and move into new territories.  Non-word vocals give this a great meditative feel and I enjoy the new synth elements you've been adding.

October 12, 2020 4:15 pm

this track develops nicely and gets more and more intense towards the end. Even you used words without lyrics, I really enjoy tracks with your voice, because it is your CC"brand", like your unique and freaky guitartechnique, which you performed here again. The melody is peaceful and positive like the hole song. Is it an univeral mantra or just only a jam? For me it was beautiful gift of CosmicCairns spirituality.

October 12, 2020 6:07 pm
Kedbreak136 wrote:

Yeah, I didn't really have a set idea starting out, I just sat down at my keyboard and let something kind of flow out and then I just built on it from there.  No destination in mind, just seeing where it went.

NWSPR wrote:

I figure over the course of 52 weeks, it's a good opportunity to venture in a few different directions.  I have my sort of wheelhouse, as I'm sure we all do, but it's fun to wander outside it a little bit sometimes, too.

Q-Rosh wrote:

Thanks!  I like to have at least a little vocal element in most tracks, although I'm not opposed to strict instrumentals either.  I suppose you could look at it as a universal mantra.  Maybe I just sort of tapped into something and rode on it for a little bit.

October 12, 2020 9:26 pm

Nice title. This one made me happy. It goes to some nice places, a nice walk through nature and the woods. So good to just experiment and let what comes be as it may.

October 13, 2020 8:19 pm
miraclemiles wrote:

Yeah, definitely fell into the vibe pretty quickly with this one and then it was just a matter of rolling with it.  Yay for experimentation!

October 13, 2020 10:21 pm

Really fun track. Love the textures!

October 14, 2020 1:50 am

These are the most fun sessions in my opinion.  I love writing lyrics but I always way over analyze them to the point where its stressful.  Nothing stressful about coming up with a cool instrumental part and layering a bunch of other cool ass parts on top. This one's really cool man, I love how much you were able to build onto it.  Its fun to selectively listen to all of the individual parts.

October 14, 2020 4:09 am
danju wrote:

Really fun track. Love the textures!

Thanks!  Textures are fun to play with!

Chrisfoo wrote:

Yeah, I don't always feel like writing lyrics either.  It's a lot more work and it's putting yourself out on more of a limb.  There's definitely lyrics I've written in the past for old songs that make me cringe now.  But I do like songs with words, so I keep doing 'em anyway.  Glad to hear you liked listening to the layers on this one.  At first I thought maybe I had overdone it.  My first mix was a bit muddy, but I took a second pass at it and thought it came out better.  There's still probably room for improvement, but at least you can kind of listen to the individual parts.

October 16, 2020 6:15 pm

Really cool that you just sat down and jammed this out. I really miss that style of music making! Great blend of instruments, everything feels green and warm heart

October 16, 2020 8:42 pm
hieme wrote:

Really cool that you just sat down and jammed this out. I really miss that style of music making! Great blend of instruments, everything feels green and warm <3

Thanks!  Sometimes I start out with a fairly formed idea, sometimes I start out with no idea at all.  Both ways are fun I think.

October 17, 2020 2:07 am

Dig that bass tone and the wordless vocal thing is cool.  Sometimes jam type tracks are great to revisit to and develop.

October 19, 2020 1:52 am
rdomain wrote:

Yeah definitely.  Sometimes it's just about getting some raw ideas out.

October 20, 2020 7:15 pm

Excellent jam of ideas.  Really enjoyed the guitars and ah-ah vocals.

October 20, 2020 7:36 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

Excellent jam of ideas.  Really enjoyed the guitars and ah-ah vocals.

Thanks! I think my original vague idea was to have nothing but synths, but then I got further along and I thought the guitars and vocals might add a nice element, so glad to hear they're working!