Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / CosmicCairns's music / Last in Line at the Grocery Store

Last in Line at the Grocery Store

By CosmicCairns on April 7, 2020 12:38 am

I had originally used this track as sort of a tasteless joke.  After hearing concerns about it and giving it some thought, I decided it really wasn't worth making anyone uncomfortable for the sake of a questionably funny joke.  So now this track is about the trials and tribulations of being stuck at the end of the line at the grocery store. 

At any rate I took it as an excuse to get silly and also to make some weird noises by running my microkorg through my effects pedal.  It's probably not the most "musical" thing I've ever done, but it was strangely cathartic. 

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
April 13, 2020 12:34 am

Sloppy seconds ain’t bad. Sloppy 18th ain’t that great.

April 13, 2020 1:04 am

Did you killed her? that last note at the end... smile Interesting track.

April 13, 2020 1:49 am
E-dub wrote:

Sloppy seconds ain’t bad. Sloppy 18th ain’t that great.

That pretty much sums it up.  Couldn't have said it better myself.



djippy wrote:

Did you killed her? that last note at the end... smile Interesting track.

  I debated whether that final note was too much, but then I figured I'd just go for it.  It's fun to be self-indulgent sometimes.  smile

April 13, 2020 10:28 am

It obviously not your singer-songwriter ego at work on this track, but man, you made me think of of problems on this planet, people could have, I`ve never spend a second before. Yes, that should be worth a song.

April 13, 2020 1:42 pm

They probably don't stop at one. Sloppy seconds for everyone.

I actually wouldn't mind looking deeper into this, but it really helps knowing someone.

That last note though, yeesh.

April 13, 2020 1:42 pm

What a great thought process haha. Great track.

April 13, 2020 7:30 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

It obviously not your singer-songwriter ego at work on this track, but man, you made me think of of problems on this planet, people could have, I`ve never spend a second before. Yes, that should be worth a song.

  I agree!  There are all kinds of topics worthy of songs.  And yeah, I wasn't feeling the singer-songwriter vibe this week, but I'm sure it will return.



Devieus wrote:

They probably don't stop at one. Sloppy seconds for everyone.

I actually wouldn't mind looking deeper into this, but it really helps knowing someone.

That last note though, yeesh.

  Yeah, the last note is sure something.  I got really "in the zone" while cranking out the weird sounds and it felt right in the moment.  I did consider fading it out much sooner and maybe I will if I ever decide to make a more palatable remix.  On the other hand, an unpleasant ending kind of seemed to fit with the theme of the song.  After all, there is a palpable sense of relief when it's finally over.



Jokinen wrote:

What a great thought process haha. Great track.

  Thanks!  I thought it was worth explaining my thoughts on this one.

April 13, 2020 8:30 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

After all, there is a palpable sense of relief when it's finally over.


Are you sure you're doing sex right?

April 13, 2020 8:46 pm
Devieus wrote:
CosmicCairns wrote:

After all, there is a palpable sense of relief when it's finally over.


Are you sure you're doing sex right?

Well your mom certainly has no complaints.  Sorry, sorry, I kid. I was referring to gangbangs, not regular sex.  Again, I haven't ever participated in one but I would imagine if one were on the receiving end there would be some relief that it was over.  And if you were stuck at the end of the line the situation might not be super pleasant by the time you get there. 

April 13, 2020 8:54 pm

We should get to the bottom of this.

April 13, 2020 9:31 pm

Laughing my ass off... thank you!  That "hey man... " line is a total mic drop moment.  No more to be said.  Great avant comp.  i think I could hear sounds representing venereal diseases and somebody definitely flat lined at the end.

Since I do live in Brooklyn, which is the official gang bang capital of the world and have participated in too many to remember, I want to put your mind at ease.  It's based on seniority, and performance stats similar to the way a baseball coach determines batting order. Now, if you are detained at the buffet (all gang bangs have a buffet) then you can have a pinch hitter take your place.

Okay, none of that is true. But I'm going a bit crazy in my quarantine.  Thanks for the fun track!

April 14, 2020 12:28 am
NWSPR wrote:

Laughing my ass off... thank you!  That "hey man... " line is a total mic drop moment.  No more to be said.  Great avant comp.  i think I could hear sounds representing venereal diseases and somebody definitely flat lined at the end.

Since I do live in Brooklyn, which is the official gang bang capital of the world and have participated in too many to remember, I want to put your mind at ease.  It's based on seniority, and performance stats similar to the way a baseball coach determines batting order. Now, if you are detained at the buffet (all gang bangs have a buffet) then you can have a pinch hitter take your place.

Okay, none of that is true. But I'm going a bit crazy in my quarantine.  Thanks for the fun track!

  You just know there's always some guy trying to cut the line.  Anyway, it's good to know there's a resident expert around here I can come to with all my gangbang-related questions.  That honestly sounds like as good of an explanation as any.  There must be some kind of food layout available, right?  Some of those people have gotta be standing in line for hours.

Thanks for listening and glad I could provide some laughs!  smile

April 16, 2020 2:11 am

Me old pappy used to say 'Never say no to a gangbang son'... sage advice... crazy track! smile tongue

April 16, 2020 3:22 pm

I am just so so sick to my stomach right now.

I thought WB was a safe space.

I no longer feel safe here. 

This feels really scary and gross. 

And while a passive dead "her" is being joked about here - this HER won't passively observe this.  It's not just a joke:

April 16, 2020 8:00 pm
kaedo sevaada wrote:

I am just so so sick to my stomach right now.

I thought WB was a safe space.

I no longer feel safe here. 

This feels really scary and gross. 

And while a passive dead "her" is being joked about here - this HER won't passively observe this.  It's not just a joke:

  I truly apologize for contributing to making this not feel like a safe space.  I tried to be careful in my description not to imply that there was necessarily even a "she" involved or that anything was non-consensual.  Nonetheless I understand making jokes about anything sex-related is iffy at best and should probably just be avoided all together.  I won't do any more tracks along these lines going forward and I sincerely hope I haven't ruined WeeklyBeats for you or anyone else.  Anyone and everyone should feel welcome and safe to be here.

April 16, 2020 9:13 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:
kaedo sevaada wrote:

I am just so so sick to my stomach right now.

I thought WB was a safe space.

I no longer feel safe here. 

This feels really scary and gross. 

And while a passive dead "her" is being joked about here - this HER won't passively observe this.  It's not just a joke:

  I truly apologize for contributing to making this not feel like a safe space.  I tried to be careful in my description not to imply that there was necessarily even a "she" involved or that anything was non-consensual.  Nonetheless I understand making jokes about anything sex-related is iffy at best and should probably just be avoided all together.  I won't do any more tracks along these lines going forward and I sincerely hope I haven't ruined WeeklyBeats for you or anyone else.  Anyone and everyone should feel welcome and safe to be here.

Thank You CC - I accept and appreciate your apology. 

April 16, 2020 11:42 pm
kaedo sevaada wrote:
CosmicCairns wrote:
kaedo sevaada wrote:

I am just so so sick to my stomach right now.

I thought WB was a safe space.

I no longer feel safe here. 

This feels really scary and gross. 

And while a passive dead "her" is being joked about here - this HER won't passively observe this.  It's not just a joke:

  I truly apologize for contributing to making this not feel like a safe space.  I tried to be careful in my description not to imply that there was necessarily even a "she" involved or that anything was non-consensual.  Nonetheless I understand making jokes about anything sex-related is iffy at best and should probably just be avoided all together.  I won't do any more tracks along these lines going forward and I sincerely hope I haven't ruined WeeklyBeats for you or anyone else.  Anyone and everyone should feel welcome and safe to be here.

Thank You CC - I accept and appreciate your apology.


I've changed the track to be about long lines at the grocery store, which is an actual problem I've been having to deal with lately and honestly fits the music perhaps even better.  So thanks and I look forward to continuing to listen to your awesome work on here.

April 21, 2020 12:07 am

An important conversation happening here, nice it was discussed and resolved smile

Lines at the grocery store are tough, I appreciate the stores that put the tape on the floor 6 feet apart.

April 21, 2020 12:12 am
miraclemiles wrote:

An important conversation happening here, nice it was discussed and resolved smile

Lines at the grocery store are tough, I appreciate the stores that put the tape on the floor 6 feet apart.

  I like those 6 feet signs, too.  Long lines at the grocery store have always been a not-fun experience, but it's been so much worse with everything that's going on.  I'm really not enjoying trips to the grocery store these days.

April 23, 2020 12:18 pm

That was an interesting journey in the comments trying to guess the original title yikes  At first I was like what sort of sticky grocery store is this!?  Coffee just kicked in.  The 'hey man" part made me laugh smile 

April 23, 2020 6:35 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

That was an interesting journey in the comments trying to guess the original title yikes  At first I was like what sort of sticky grocery store is this!?  Coffee just kicked in.  The 'hey man" part made me laugh smile

  Ultimately it's really just about waiting in long lines.  Could be for anything really.  Although I could see maybe there was some kind of spill in the grocery aisle that caused stickiness.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up