Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / CosmicCairns's music / Knights of the Trapezoidal Table

Knights of the Trapezoidal Table

By CosmicCairns on August 14, 2018 9:42 pm

I've had a stressful and frustrating couple weeks at work so when I finally got some time to focus in on writing a song I wanted to give it a bit of a celebratory feel in contrast to the way I was actually feeling.  I threw in a lot of details into this one including extensive vocal harmonies, handclaps, whistles, household item percussion, acoustic and electric guitar, and I even found a way to squeeze some cello in there.  I hope it came out okay.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

August 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Certainly upbeat. Like those clever tempo shifts. ::)

August 20, 2018 7:32 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

Certainly upbeat. Like those clever tempo shifts. ::)

Thanks!  Tempo shifts are something I feel like I should play around with a little more.

August 22, 2018 5:01 am

Such a lovely atmosphere. You're back at it again.

August 22, 2018 3:32 pm
Devieus wrote:

Such a lovely atmosphere. You're back at it again.

Thanks!  At it again indeed.

August 23, 2018 1:26 am

fun!

August 23, 2018 1:49 am
kaedo sevaada wrote:

fun!

Ha!  Thanks for the awesome gif.

August 23, 2018 3:55 pm

Interesting tempo changes that give it that montage feel.  Sweet vocal harmonies too with the uplifting guitar!  Well done!

August 23, 2018 11:15 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

Thanks!  I did try to put a little effort into those vocal harmonies actually.

August 24, 2018 11:27 pm

Swell upbeat song, way to counter the dolrumd, nice bucket drum, and lots of lovely sounds / vocals to dig into. Love the title. I like that idea. kaedo's gif is perfect!

August 25, 2018 7:06 am

Very cool! I love this kind of mutated pop music party. The tempo structure is clever, the walz bit works great! Unexpected and uplifting smile

August 25, 2018 7:58 pm

Great upbeat mood, love the tempo changes. Made a rather chilly evening a little warmer for me!

August 25, 2018 8:47 pm
miraclemiles wrote:

Thanks!  It was definitely a week in which I needed to counter the doldrums.

Ashen Simian wrote:

Thanks for listening.  The waltz section was fun to throw in to mix things up I thought.

August 25, 2018 8:48 pm
Plantrain wrote:

Thanks!  I needed something a little upbeat myself this week.  smile

August 28, 2018 8:43 pm

Dang... Pulling out all the stops! I like all the shifts in the composition styles done very smoothly. An epic journey with many adventures. And fuck the bastards at work. Let it roll like water off a ducks back. The ending is a real celebration. Extra points for rhyming trapezoidal in lyrics!  Downloading for the archives.

August 28, 2018 9:25 pm
NWSPR wrote:

Thanks!  Once the weekend rolls around I'm usually able to let work go pretty well.  That was just a particularly shitty week that crushed my soul more heavily than usual.  Luckily music is good medicine for the soul.  smile

August 29, 2018 7:20 pm

This is awesome - this is like when you beat the video game and they have the still frames showing what happened to the main character.  the tempo switch ups were cool.  loved the guitar sound.  downloaded and favorited, def one of my favorites you've done this year!  great job.  hope you are enjoying the celebration!

August 29, 2018 8:32 pm
orangedrink wrote:

Thanks!  That's really nice to hear.  I appreciate it and am indeed enjoying the celebration!