Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Elephant Eyes

By CosmicCairns on July 17, 2018 8:53 pm

I was scouring through my old folders of music as I sometimes like to do and I found this file from 2010.  All that was there was a sketch of the melody and the title "Elephant Eyes" so I thought I would flesh it out and add lyrics and instrumentation.  I decided to keep it entirely acoustic this week.  No synths or electric guitars.  Percussion was provided by a dried gourd I used as a shaker and a little bit of hitting the back of my acoustic guitar 

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

  • Play
  • Download
July 23, 2018 12:26 am

Another beautiful dreamy song. Great theme and title. The tapping percussion is a nice touch (not sure if that is the gourde or tapping on the guitar).  Lovely!

July 23, 2018 1:41 am
NWSPR wrote:

Another beautiful dreamy song. Great theme and title. The tapping percussion is a nice touch (not sure if that is the gourde or tapping on the guitar).  Lovely!

  Thanks!  The gourd is more of a shaker-like sound whereas the tapping is the acoustic guitar. 

July 23, 2018 8:26 am

Nice work C.C... great vibe

July 23, 2018 3:13 pm

Love the way the vocals slide into pitch. Who's doing the harmony?

July 24, 2018 12:26 am
Podling wrote:

Nice work C.C... great vibe

  Thanks!  Appreciate it.



Jim Wood wrote:

Love the way the vocals slide into pitch. Who's doing the harmony?

  That would be me harmonizing with myself.  Nobody else but me on this track.  smile

July 25, 2018 8:52 am

I love this! For the vocals and this joyfull guitarmelody

We have real good weather and i feel like having holidays, i am working right now, and this song intensifies this summer feel. Thanks for that!

July 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Cool laid back lyrics and vocal harmonies that lead into an uplifting guitar melody.  The gourd adds a nice touch to the acoustic feel of everything too.  Yais!

July 26, 2018 1:57 am
Tone Matrix wrote:

Cool laid back lyrics and vocal harmonies that lead into an uplifting guitar melody.  The gourd adds a nice touch to the acoustic feel of everything too.  Yais!

  Thanks!  Yeah I've had that gourd for awhile, but I kind of forgot about it until I was looking around for something to add to this track and I found it again.

July 26, 2018 7:29 pm

great composition and well performed!  quite catchy

July 26, 2018 11:57 pm
theGuen wrote:

I love this! For the vocals and this joyfull guitarmelody

We have real good weather and i feel like having holidays, i am working right now, and this song intensifies this summer feel. Thanks for that!

   Thanks for that awesome gif!



mikememo wrote:

great composition and well performed!  quite catchy

  Thanks!  I appreciate it!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up