Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / CosmicCairns's music / Blessed Mess of a Caress

Blessed Mess of a Caress

By CosmicCairns on December 12, 2018 4:13 am

I found myself humming the main melody of this one day while I was out and about so I quickly sang it into my phone so I wouldn't forget it later.  Then shortly after that I got a call from a number I didn't recognize so I didn't pick it up.  They proceeded to leave a kind of funny voicemail that I knew I had to utilize somehow.  So all of that came together into this track.  Only two more weeks?  Wow.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

December 17, 2018 1:56 am

I love synchronicity, particularly when it works as well as it does here.

December 17, 2018 2:22 pm

But did you press 1?

December 17, 2018 3:54 pm

I could see (hear) this is a Wes Anderson film. Upbeat, happy and very surreal. Phone samples fit perfectly.

December 17, 2018 6:39 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

I love synchronicity, particularly when it works as well as it does here.

It sort of felt like the universe was telling me to merge these elements together, so I did.

Devieus wrote:

But did you press 1?

Alas, it was too late as it had already gone to voicemail.  I am a bit curious what would have happened if I'd pressed 1 though.  And honestly it probably couldn't hurt to receive some urgent prayer.  smile

NWSPR wrote:

Thanks!  I was trying to go for a bit more upbeat vibe this week.  Glad that came through.

December 18, 2018 1:24 am
NWSPR wrote:

oh totally!

December 18, 2018 1:30 am

a big smile on this guys face. soo good!

December 18, 2018 1:51 am
cfurrow wrote:

a big smile on this guys face. soo good!

Thanks!  Smiles all around!  smile

December 18, 2018 10:07 pm

I like the melody a lot. "pray for you" turns demonic pretty fast!

December 20, 2018 7:23 pm
mikememo wrote:

I like the melody a lot. "pray for you" turns demonic pretty fast!

Thanks!  It does start to sound pretty demonic, doesn't it?

December 21, 2018 3:35 pm

I see the Wes Anderson vibes a bit too.  The hi-hat gives it a cool pace and i liked the dialogue thrown in.  Crazy I know, only two left! yikes

December 21, 2018 6:59 pm
Tone Matrix wrote:

Thanks!  I think we're going to make it to the end!

December 22, 2018 11:39 am

That phone stuff is great! Adds a whole new dimension and modernity to this. The flutes work well too... great stuff, again

December 23, 2018 6:39 pm

Love the melodies and layering going on, very upbeat and catchy, the voicemail is a great touch and fits perfectly! This put me in a great mood big_smile thank you!

December 27, 2018 1:12 am
Ashen Simian wrote:

Thanks!  Yeah the phones and the flutes were sort of the frosting on the cake!

Gab Manette wrote: