WeeklyBeats.com / Music / CosmicCairns's music / A Speck of Moondust in Your Eye

A Speck of Moondust in Your Eye

By CosmicCairns on November 20, 2018 8:59 pm

We've had some mild weather here lately so I was sitting outside one evening just quietly strumming my acoustic guitar and humming to myself when I came up with this little song.  I've been meaning to do at least one more cello-prominent song this year and this one seemed like a good candidate for the string treatment.  5 more weeks.  Hard to believe the end is in sight!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial (BY-NC)

November 26, 2018 11:47 am

I bet the Christmas one will be fine with cello too.

November 26, 2018 3:40 pm

Love how the cello sounds with the melancholy guitar strums.  The chord progression and vocal is really catchy too.  Nice work!

November 26, 2018 9:13 pm

The cello makes for a great trio with your voice and your guitar! Peaceful, comforting vibes heart

November 27, 2018 1:07 am
Devieus wrote:

I bet the Christmas one will be fine with cello too.

It would be a good addition to the Christmas track whatever that ends up being.

Tone Matrix wrote:

Thanks.  I like how cello sounds with acoustic guitar actually.

Gab Manette wrote:

The cello makes for a great trio with your voice and your guitar! Peaceful, comforting vibes <3

Glad to hear the elements are blending together well.  Thanks!

November 27, 2018 5:03 pm

As a  former cello player, I'm impressed.

Seriously though, all this talk of "the end is in sight" reminds me of end times.

November 28, 2018 10:59 am

lovely cellos and the general structure... I like the mood of this one a lot!

November 28, 2018 9:10 pm

Fantastic!

December 1, 2018 7:14 pm
Jim Wood wrote:

As a  former cello player, I'm impressed.

Yeah it does start to feel a little apocalyptic or something with everyone looking forward to the end around here.  smile

Ashen Simian wrote:

lovely cellos and the general structure... I like the mood of this one a lot!

Thanks!  I've been having fun this year layering cello parts...

cfurrow wrote:

Fantastic!

Thanks man!

December 1, 2018 8:26 pm

December 2, 2018 11:55 pm

Oh! Ace! Like the voice!

December 3, 2018 3:10 pm

The cello sounds beautiful and well blended with the acoustic. Sweet melody too. I like the arrangement of long intro movement and bringing the vocal in the last third. Something very classic in that style.

December 3, 2018 6:41 pm
kaedo sevaada wrote:

Nice gif as always!

??? wrote:

Oh! Ace! Like the voice!

Thanks!  It's a bit more falsetto than I usually do for a lead vocal, but I thought it fit here.

NWSPR wrote:

Yeah, sometimes I like keeping the vocals out until the very end.  That was definitely the case here.

December 7, 2018 9:33 pm

That title! Lovely, sentimental mood. Nice vocals that come in later!

Yesterday 9:23 pm
miraclemiles wrote:

That title! Lovely, sentimental mood. Nice vocals that come in later!

Thanks!  I knew I wanted some vocals even though the cello was the main feature.