Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / coreytrev0r's music / Quarantine Lull

Quarantine Lull

By coreytrev0r on March 29, 2020 9:21 pm

Another week in quarantine, another lull in creativity.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
March 30, 2020 12:08 am

No creativity lull here. This is cool. The back half is a great piece of music.

March 30, 2020 12:34 am

Hell yeah man, love that synth pad.  So luscious and the quick release time lets you use it in a cool way.  I agree with Jim too, the 2nd half of this is wild.

March 30, 2020 1:32 am

I love that wave its deep! Should be on the drive movie soundtrack. 

March 30, 2020 2:40 am

Noice chords. Shout out to Charlie, I love this sample. That sidechaining down the back end is a lovely touch. Hope you feel more creative soon, but I'd say you're not doing too shabby as is!

March 30, 2020 2:58 am
Jokinen wrote:

No creativity lull here. This is cool. The back half is a great piece of music.

Thanks, buddy.  appreciate it.

Jokinen wrote:

No creativity lull here. This is cool. The back half is a great piece of music.

Thanks, dude.  Glad the back half kicked in.

Joelfern808 wrote:

I love that wave its deep! Should be on the drive movie soundtrack.


Damn well that's a nice compliment there.

hieme wrote:

Noice chords. Shout out to Charlie, I love this sample. That sidechaining down the back end is a lovely touch. Hope you feel more creative soon, but I'd say you're not doing too shabby as is!


Thanks, man.  Honestly, I feel bad saying it lol, but I think my wife being home 24/7 is putting a damper on my creativity.  I usually end up writing a lot of my music when she's away.

March 30, 2020 11:46 am

what lull? This fits perfectly the dystopian feel going around these days! Epic track!

March 30, 2020 4:43 pm

As Hardy knows, I love any track that uses this speech. It is one of my favorite speeches of all time. Its amazing how it's relevance continues to resonate during these times as it did then. Great job on giving it a solid musical platform. Crushed it.

March 30, 2020 5:15 pm

The sidechaining here feels niiicee

March 30, 2020 6:01 pm

Good wibes!

March 30, 2020 8:03 pm

This lifts me up. Awesome track ^_^

March 30, 2020 10:36 pm
dj someguy wrote:

what lull? This fits perfectly the dystopian feel going around these days! Epic track!


Thank you! I feel like this quarantine has killed my creativity.


Saucey-dough wrote:

As Hardy knows, I love any track that uses this speech. It is one of my favorite speeches of all time. Its amazing how it's relevance continues to resonate during these times as it did then. Great job on giving it a solid musical platform. Crushed it.


Haha dude I didn't even realize what speech I was sampling.  I just thew it together and showed Hardy and he pointed it out to me.  He also accurately predicted that you would recognize it right away lol.


Anthony D. wrote:

Good wibes!

唱白 wrote:

This lifts me up. Awesome track ^_^

Thanks, guys.  Appreciate the compliments.

March 30, 2020 11:32 pm

Listened for the first time on the way home from work.  Legit got in a mood/vibe where i was just cruising with no thoughts in my mind.  It was great, completely forgot it was a track my boi made!  Great stuff man, this stuff is always up my alley

March 30, 2020 11:52 pm

The motion and sound you created with that side-chaining is just so good! heart heart heart

March 31, 2020 12:02 am
demonzor wrote:

Listened for the first time on the way home from work.  Legit got in a mood/vibe where i was just cruising with no thoughts in my mind.  It was great, completely forgot it was a track my boi made!  Great stuff man, this stuff is always up my alley


Thanks, dude.  Not my typical style but I had fun making it.  Trying to up my sample game.

Gab Manette wrote:

The motion and sound you created with that side-chaining is just so good! <3 <3 <3


Thanks, Gab!  I thought I might have went a little overboard with the side-chaining but it seemed to work out in the end.

March 31, 2020 12:08 am

Super chill (really dig the drums w/ the different snare), then I love what it builds to. This is super creative, I sense no lull.

March 31, 2020 6:44 am
mikememo wrote:

Super chill (really dig the drums w/ the different snare), then I love what it builds to. This is super creative, I sense no lull.

thanks bruh...like I mentioned earlier, I swear it's Celeste that is killing my creativity lol.  She's off work indefinitely and is home 24/7.  I don't get any of the "personal time" where you can write a song without any judgement.  Stupid coronavirus

April 1, 2020 8:35 am

beautiful. peace.

April 2, 2020 3:56 am
Q-Rosh wrote:

beautiful. peace.

thanks, glad to give some good vibes during these troubling times

April 2, 2020 1:40 pm

Great use of the Great Dictator. Great use of everything else too.

April 2, 2020 3:40 pm
Devieus wrote:

Great use of the Great Dictator. Great use of everything else too.


Thanks dude.  It seemed to be a fitting time for using the speech.  Plus I didn't have much energy or creative drive this week so it was sort of a lazy way out of making a better song.  I guess it turned out okay though

April 2, 2020 7:36 pm

I don't think there's ever been a time in history where that speech isn't fitting.

April 2, 2020 8:02 pm
Devieus wrote:

I don't think there's ever been a time in history where that speech isn't fitting.


True...'tis a great speech.

April 2, 2020 8:25 pm
coreytrev0r wrote:
Devieus wrote:

I don't think there's ever been a time in history where that speech isn't fitting.


True...'tis a great speech.


And a messed up world.

April 2, 2020 11:42 pm

April 3, 2020 4:16 am
Ipaghost wrote:

lol sometimes I have a hard time interpreting your gif responses...is this so boring it made you fall asleep?

April 3, 2020 5:48 pm
coreytrev0r wrote:
Ipaghost wrote:

lol sometimes I have a hard time interpreting your gif responses...is this so boring it made you fall asleep?


Lol, this is more of a commentary on how everyone deals with being stuck at home! I work from home, so this is like natural state!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up