Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

GMT

By coreytrev0r on June 21, 2020 6:30 pm

I've had no time or energy for WB.  Figured I'd put something out.  A bit repetitive but oh well.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
June 22, 2020 1:08 am

I've been absolutely in love with delay lately man.  Really digging what you did with this, sounds like it was a lot of fun to record.

June 22, 2020 2:51 am

That's the point of delays, to repeat stuff, again, and again... smile . I always like what you release, well done again.

June 22, 2020 12:53 pm

still a good result for no time and no energy. I love those guitar licks and the hole atmo. nice.

June 22, 2020 4:56 pm
Chrisfoo wrote:

I've been absolutely in love with delay lately man.  Really digging what you did with this, sounds like it was a lot of fun to record.

Thanks dude!  I did this on Saturday night after I had a few beers in me.  Woke up Sunday pleasantly surprised with what I had done while I was intoxicated lol.  I missed the past 2 weeks due to some personal issues and lack of time/energy; it felt good to get back at it again.

djippy wrote:

That's the point of delays, to repeat stuff, again, and again... smile . I always like what you release, well done again.


Hey thanks for the compliment, that means a lot!  Lol and yeah I guess the delay and repetitive nature go hand in hand.

Q-Rosh wrote:

still a good result for no time and no energy. I love those guitar licks and the hole atmo. nice.


Thanks man.  Did this one in about an hour.  It all started with the delay on the guitar and I just kinda built on it.  Nothin' fancy but it's better than nothing!

June 23, 2020 6:40 pm

glad you put something out this week, lovin the delayed harmonies to that catchy lil riff melody

June 23, 2020 7:48 pm
demonzor wrote:

glad you put something out this week, lovin the delayed harmonies to that catchy lil riff melody


thanks b.  trying to get the motivation back.  maybe this week i won't start late on a saturday night

June 24, 2020 1:23 am

Solid guitar work man. I feel like half (if not more) the battle is just sitting down to do it. Good to have you back brah.

June 24, 2020 2:25 am
Saucey-dough wrote:

Solid guitar work man. I feel like half (if not more) the battle is just sitting down to do it. Good to have you back brah.

Thanks man.  You're right; starting the track is half the battle.  Sometimes ya gotta just force it.

June 24, 2020 4:20 am

solid mood, solid vibe, and a solid mix. good stuff

June 24, 2020 2:38 pm

If Brand New did the Friday Night Lights soundtrack, this would be it. Doesn't matter if it's repetitive if it's a solid tune, which it is!

June 24, 2020 4:18 pm
codydjango wrote:

solid mood, solid vibe, and a solid mix. good stuff

hey thanks for listening, appreciate the compliments!

Jokinen wrote:

If Brand New did the Friday Night Lights soundtrack, this would be it. Doesn't matter if it's repetitive if it's a solid tune, which it is!


I've never seen that movie but I'll take a Brand New comparison every day.  thanks brotha

June 24, 2020 4:50 pm

Haven't seen that movie but I watched the show recently and really liked it. And I definitely don't live in texas or watch football. Just a good show with good characters. Second season is whack, though.

June 24, 2020 5:03 pm
codydjango wrote:

Haven't seen that movie but I watched the show recently and really liked it. And I definitely don't live in texas or watch football. Just a good show with good characters. Second season is whack, though.

Oh yeah...I forgot there was a show.  I'm not a big football fan but I certainly wouldn't mind watching the movie; I'll watch anything with Billy Bob Thornton in it.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up