Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Coauctor's music / improv 7 — dusk statue

improv 7 — dusk statue

By Coauctor on February 18, 2018 2:14 pm

Improvising for Weekly Beats. My self-imposed limitations:


• Digital piano as an input device (Yamaha P35)
• Moderately limited warm-up before the recording
• No edits after the recording is made
• Four VSTs for the year, one for each season


Doing this to explore improvisation as a practice of being here and now.
My mental image for this one: observe dusk through the hole in a marble statue of a forgotten temple on a mountain once holy


Winter VST: Mikro Prism by Native Instruments
Please share your suggestions on a VST I should use in spring

This submission is licensed by author under CC0 Creative Commons Zero (Public Domain)

  • Play
  • Download
February 19, 2018 3:21 pm

It reminds me of Prince of Persia 2 for some reason. Maybe just because there are levels on top of mountain in city ruins smile Another great piece!

February 19, 2018 9:21 pm

February 20, 2018 4:09 am

Robot sad master... But you don't feel feelings... Robot sad master, crying inside... Don't be silly harold, you are just wires, circuits and cogs... .. . . .. . yes, so very sad

February 25, 2018 8:59 pm
zlatovlas wrote:

It reminds me of Prince of Persia 2 for some reason. Maybe just because there are levels on top of mountain in city ruins smile Another great piece!

Thanks again! Sorry for not responding on Monday. Yeah, this mental image came from video games for sure. Temples, statues, abandoned places. I recall few RPGs with such places as levels.


kaedo sevaada wrote:

Suddenly a wild statue appears! Thanks for the unusual mental image. Also, thanks for checking out my latest improvs. I'm really glad that you found time to do this. Also, your work is awesome.


Podling wrote:

Robot sad master... But you don't feel feelings... Robot sad master, crying inside... Don't be silly harold, you are just wires, circuits and cogs... .. . . .. . yes, so very sad

This is heavy! Thanks for the interpretation. It's unusual too. I'm happy when people share stuff like this one.

February 26, 2018 1:44 am


kaedo sevaada wrote:

Suddenly a wild statue appears! Thanks for the unusual mental image. Also, thanks for checking out my latest improvs. I'm really glad that you found time to do this. Also, your work is awesome.


smile

September 5, 2018 7:05 am

Thank you

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up